Rooting an Android device.. yes or no?

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by healingforce, Jul 1, 2015.

1. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think guys is it worth to root an Android device? And why?

2. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

No. UNLESS the phone is old and you no longer use it on a daily basis, then sure. However if you use your phone, and you are not experienced with technology or have to rely on instructions past actually rooting your phone, then no. You can easily screw up your phone without knowing you are.

That, and it voids the warranty on most phones. Unless you do not use your phone and rely on it, then do not root your phone.

3. jteezymob

jteezymob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a Motorola Droid and when the Nexus One came out with live wallpapers, I could not wait to get the update. I did consider rooting my Droid but I decided just to wait it out. Finally the update was pushed to my phone and I had live wallpapers for about 2 days. They seem exciting, but they are actually not. They SLOW down your phone a lot! Everything becomes really choppy and I imagine your Backflip would be the same because we have a very similar phone. The only thing that I consider rooting my phone for is Wi-Fi tethering which lets your computer use your cell phone's internet service as your internet. But it isn't really worth it either because you can do this but with the USB cord. So my advice to you is not to waste your time doing that because it isn't worth it. But if you do, do it, you can restore it if you don't like it.

4. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes the warranty is what actually scares me at the moment because I've still a few months of warranty but then when it will expire I guess your thought wouldn't then make sense?

5. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

The last part of my post would be void yes, however the content before it would still be a valid point.

6. Mohammed Qutaishat

Mohammed Qutaishat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sure I rooted May need in a stealthy and programs prohibited programs is a very useful but bad in some time because sometimes errors occur in the device arising from your root

7. Rahul Bajaj

Rahul Bajaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are many softwares and apps available in the market to root any smart phone with Android System but there are many risk while rooting the phone because there are many chances of damage the phone battery and much more.

8. Xkoiul

Xkoiul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I’m unwilling to root, but sometimes, it is needed

9. Israel MortuaryMortuary

Israel MortuaryMortuary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sometimes yes or sometimes no...i think you should buy 2 phones :p

10. clarata

clarata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you root your phone and get no warranty. That's sometimes is too expensive
    I think it's good to own 2 android phone, the cheap one for rooting or teasing, the expensive one for warranty. :D

11. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have a rooted Android phone with the Exodus rom and I love it. It's much faster and the battery lasts forever. It's also fine security wise because you or the applications don't automatically get super user privileges. Also if you have a rooted phone with a voided warranty you can unroot the phone and get the warranty back.

12. lucyll

lucyll
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i rooted my android phone to recover lost text messages