Role of Pinterest in SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Soliloquy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I often hear Pinterest named among the social media sites you're expected to have an account on these days--and I do--but I'm not clear on how one really goes about using it for marketing purposes. It looks to me like you can certainly favorite other people's pins, and follow their boards, and sponsor pins, but is that it? For instance, could you suggest one of your pins to another individual for inclusion on their board? Or, failing that, do you have to pay to be included in the (individualized, I think) newsletter with suggested pins? How do you get your pins more popular?

2. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is basically a social media site. Users can upload, save their images and videos. In Pinterest uploaded videos and images are referred as pins. There are so many peoples who are using Pinterest. If you have a good updated business account of interest to represent yourself, then you can also get traffic from Pinterest.

3. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The advantages of using Pinterest for SEO:

1) The content on Pinterest is indexed and crawled by Google.

2) It helps in getting referrals and backlinks as every pinned image has a backlink to its published source.

3) People search using the Pinterest search box.

4) The organic search algorithms of search engines are factored by the social signals on the Pinterest,

5) Competitors presence on Pinterest indicates the presence of niche users.

4. MatthewGrace

MatthewGrace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterests site is social site, we can share images on it. In seo you can share you site images,infographics image on pinterest for marketing purpose.
    Make you own board for daily update and daily information about site.

5. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a Pinterest account and I managed to remove the clutter from it by focusing on one niche alone. Sooner than expected I got thousands of people following my boards. I am not sure how to monetize it yet but what it does is it helps promote my other site from which most of my pins are being sourced so there a backlink is created

6. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest content is being crawled and index by Google and Pinterest is very good for back links and for referral traffic.
    If you are having an account on Pinterest, then there are chances of millions of visitors to come to your site, But for that your brand need to be there.
    If your competitors are already using Pinterest, then I think this could be a grand enough reason to get started. If they are not, then you can the advantages of the situation and start building your Pinterest presence before they do.

7. randiv

randiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is the very effective source of getting traffic, when we share image including promotional terms, then it gives traffic to websites.

8. Maryann Farrugia

Maryann Farrugia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can upload your products images and services to promote it. Also give decent backlink profile to your website.

9. Alika Cooper

Alika Cooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is a fast growing social media platform that can provide SEO benefits to your website. Biggest advantage is one gets networks do follow links. It’s like collecting baseball cards. SEO is a broad term to describe activities that may affect a website’s rank and performance on the search engines. Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting images or videos to their own or others boards and browsing what other users have pinned.

10. bankexchangerate

bankexchangerate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is generally a public networking website. Customers can publish, preserve their pictures and video clips. In Pinterest submitted video clips and pictures are known as hooks. There are so many individuals who are using Pinterest. If you have a excellent modified company consideration of attention to signify yourself, then you can also get visitors from Pinterest.

11. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is nothing but one type of social media marketing platform from many others. You can do marketing of your brand, product, service through this platforms by creating rich content in description of pin. If people will find your pin interesting then they can visit your website for more interesting content. Read more here about social media, you will get the idea in detail: http://searchengineland.com/social-profile-seo-optimizing-rankings-search-visibility-228848

12. Emma Wilson

Emma Wilson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pins are shown in search engine results, and you can find boards related to your business where people have invited others. This way you can reach more people. Also search people from particular location area and country.

13. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I visited pinterest few weeks before. I am not a regular pinterest user, i normally spend more time on facebook. But what impression i got from there is that it was more like a market, look i try to fetch out the modelling of any website because i believe that software engineering is related to mathematical virtual models of real world environments. For this reason i feel that google is mathematical model of an individual mind or consciousness that goes outside to search something, its something related to you, just as people go out they have a psyche of searching something and this model forms the basis of google.
    Similarly facebook is like chilling outside, roaming or roads etc, just as you walk on road you see things coming towards you on by one, that is what fb updates are doing. So parallel to this thought i think pinterest is like roaming in markets, you may call it is like shopping in an open market where everybody is there to sell something, and people buy things based on their interest and pin it to there board. Similarly i also depict forums as a coffe shop or small restaurants where people hang out with friends or sometimes with people they don't know, some thing like a teastall in my country. Though you will have to arrange your tea and snacks by yourself, that's why i call it virtual.

14. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no doubt on the popularity of Pinterest today and its members are still growing, which means more people are joining this social media site. The good thing here is to use Pinterest as a medium to build your audience by providing them interesting and beneficial information to the users as well as not been offered from others.

15. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This information is just so helpful gives me a new insight on Pinterest and Social Media! Thank you so much I am going to read This thread again

16. vanessa110

vanessa110
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not interested on Pinterest, i always spend time for Facebook. But i know it is the very effective source of getting traffic. The reason is that when we share image including promotional terms, it gives traffic to websites. It is good for brand when your pininterest have a large number of visitors every day

17. janefirst

janefirst
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is a social networking site and good platform to share you content/images/ or videos. It also provides good back links and traffic to your site.

18. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to use pinterest for SEO you need to make sure you use quality images that will catch visitors attention.

19. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is a high pr website to earn links and traffic.You will have to create board and share pins of quality content and images on this site.It also works as secondary search engine.To get effective backlink and traffic you should optimize your board and pins.

20. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is all about images, titles and descriptions. If you are successful in doing that in a right way then Pinterest is definitely going to work for you. It can do well for eCommerce websites where large number of products are there to showcase.