Role of no follow links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MBA Trainer, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the role of no follow links to get high ranking of a website for a keyword ?

2. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

A no follow link does not give any PageRank advantage, nor helps for page positioning in the SERPs. By means of a nofollow link HTML tag a no follow link is created. The nofollow tag basically tells the search engine not to count it.

<a href=”http://www.nameofthespecificwebsite.com/” rel=”nofollow”>Link Text</a>

If there were not any no follow links then there would be more spam.

No follow links can be used for:

Forums, comments, paid links or anything that Google describes as “untrusted content”

#2 Asher ross, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No follow links can also be used to indicate that you don't want the link to considered for ranking purposes. For example, if you are writing an article and quote another source, providing a link for readers to get more information. The search engines consider a link an "endorsement" of a website. When linking from an article, however, you may not want to explicitly "endorse" the website you are linking to, so you would make the link "no-follow".

4. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do follow is something where you get the benefit of link juice and it improve your ranking. No follow is opposite to do follow links, This means the link does not count as a vote or recommendation, nor does it pass page rank nor does it pass topical relevance. Just because they don't provide SEO link value it doesn't mean no follow links is worthless, it helps in referral traffic.

5. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nofollowed links do not pass any search engine ranking value for most of the search engines, including Google and Bing. You can have a nofollowed link on Wikipedia or even Google's main blog and it won't count in terms of improving your rankings. That doesn't mean the link is not valuable.

6. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No follow links are OK, as they still attract some traffic to a website. People interested in its niche or topic looking for a solution will stop by.

7. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No follow link playing important role in website visibility, From No follow link we can get traffic for the web pages. in short no follow link have a Hidden Power.

8. hemnaram

hemnaram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the webmasters try to link back to their website by getting a dofollow link from another website with the motive of gaining link juice. Some reputed webmasters allow only nofollow links for the outgoing links from their website to control this kind of spam.

9. introspectiv

introspectiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing that I learned the hard way is that no-follow links can and will get you visitors. At the end of the day if you are getting visitors to your site and google sees that, it will get you some authority, especially if the visitors become repeat visitors.

That is what is important. People act like no-follow links are no good, but in actuality they are bringing in visitors left and right.

Nowadays, I do not worry if a link is do-follow or not. I worry about is the site that I am leaving my link on is it at the top of google for my search term. Also, does this site get a lot of people? Then I piggy back from there.

Do not worry about Do-follow. Your goal should be to get the visitors…Leave a comment on blogs that get hundreds of thousands of visitors with you link. However, do it in a way that adds value. Then you will see a difference. I started having the mentality of “go where my audience is and bring them to my site.”

This ideology has helped to make a better use of my time and energy then plastering up a lot of do-follow backlinks. Yes, you should have some do-follow backlinks for spiders, however, do not make this your only objective.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No follow links can be a great source for the targeted audience and it doesn't matter if it is do follow or not as long it provide great user experience to the people that's matters most for Google.

11. jmwang

jmwang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although the no follow link does not give any PageRank advantage, nor helps for page positioning in the SERPs. But
    No follow links are OK, as they still attract some traffic to a website,and the links will be nature will some percent in google's eye

12. Gadsubone

Gadsubone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• This post makes absolutely no sense. Think about what you want to say before posting, and your point will be much clearer.
    In Link building Do-Follow is very important role.But now a days couldn't find out more do follow links all having no follow only. Whatever the link posted to the content A link's relevance to the linking page.

13. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No follow is the vice versa of do follow for instance, do follow allow the google to follow them to our website and giving us link juice as a back link. No follow does not follow any link juice, as it is a good way to get traffic on your site.

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll reopen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.