Rewarding Loyal Customers

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Redd, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Incentives of any kind could not only get your old customers coming back regularly, they could also be the one thing that lures in new customers/clients. Sometimes to beat the competition you need to make some sacrifices and if it means using some of your profits to retain the customers/clients you already have then why shouldn't you?

Good or bad marketing strategy?

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's a good marketing strategy, as long as you can afford to do it. I'm not to the point yet where I can offer additional incentives, other than discount coupons, which are rarely used.

I do go out of my way to package my items nicely, and will sometimes upgrade the shipping for free, especially if it means they will get the item much quicker, and it won't cost much more. I know I'm always impressed when I receive items a lot quicker than I'm expecting, and I appreciate it if someone goes the extra mile.

I recently bought a lot of clothing, and it arrived a day or two after I was expecting, especially considering what I paid for shipping, and it had just been stuck in the mailing box. It wasn't even put into a cheap bag to protect it. Both of those issues left an impression, but not the good kind.

3. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Certain skill sets have to be used by the sales person to make new customers. If you want to be successful in business these days you not only have to create new customers, but also have to retain the existing customers. So by offering rewards if you can retain the customers that’s’ good and what you are actually doing is that you are investing in sustaining the customer.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's always worth thinking about customer retention. Attracting new customers is one thing but you want to make sure that they come back for more. Loyalty rewards depend on what your business does int he first place but I suppose things to consider could include discounts for returning customers, loyalty cards or free gift with every purchase over a certain amount. Entry into a prize draw would be a great low-cost solution.

5. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Free stuff is a good idea to benefit your customers and as much as possible related on the product and services. A great way to retain your clients and make recommendations from them it is because your brand is trusted and proven as well as beneficial to the users.