Reviews On My Site

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Istimah, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys

I'm working for a kitchen company and honestly it isn't ranking that well on serps. I would like to have some expert reviews on it.

Mainly here are the things I'd like to know:

Do you like the overall design?
    Would you want to visit the site again?
    Anything putting you off?
    Does it look like a professional website?

All positive or negative feedbacks are welcomed. Here's our site http://www.granite-worktop-company.co.uk/

2. mehrishaly

mehrishaly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A small problem in your header navigations correct it rest the site is perfect looks very professional

3. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The problem with that is once you enter the site it's placed perfectly, next time you see it it's not right. Still working on it. Thanks! :)

4. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Yes it's clear and to the point nice layout, i wonder if anyone minds the header dashing to and fro whilst reading about granite - I like it moving but maybe a bit slower?just a thought?
    Hope you sell lots Best wishes

PS I didn't answer your questions:

Yes if I was looking for worktops I would return - the clear offer price is very appealing, it's colorful and clean looking with modern kitchens

#4 Tandy, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took the liberty of removing most of the "reviews" you received since posting your request, since most of them were not the "expert" reviews you asked for. When I looked at your site, it looked very professional, but I do have one personal comment. To me, white means "blank", and it stands out on your website so much that it remains on my mind even as I browse the content. You might want to consider changing the background color - not too much, just enough so that it does not seem "blank".
    Being in the website marketing business, I also noticed your comment that it "isn't ranking that well on the serps". There is only so much a designer can do without the help of marketing. Although answering your questions would make the website interesting to the visitor, which is your main goal, there are other things to do to increase the ranking in the serps. Your content does have to be informative and compelling, and I like the fact that you have Title tags that describe the content of the page on most pages of the website. But, without knowing what keywords marketing wants to pursue, there is no way to add them to the title tags or the content. I also noticed your pictures do not have "alt" tags - you would also need to know what keywords you need to use there, although you can just use "sink with granite countertop" or "kitchen with marble countertop", or a similar phrase just until you find out the keywords.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Samuelsemos

Samuelsemos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have checked your site, I found two things that I liked to tell you about a site.
    1) Your site is not mobile, responsive
    2) Your page speed of the site is very slow as per as Google.
    Rest of all the things are perfect, so change these two things.

7. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One main thing I would like to suggest you here is that your website is not mobile friendly. Make it mobile friendly. Google algorithm is coming soon where in they will give priority to mobile friendly website. So keep in mind the specified set of ideas and knowledge.

8. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the site is good, just do some seo and it will work, i have checked it on laptop from where it looks good, some people are suggesting you regarding mobile version as i have not viewed it on mobile i cant say any thing really, but if it dont have a good mobile design then you must have it, it very very necessary, google give higher ranking to websites that are mobile compatible, its a facts now.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

One thing more, may be you can just change the font of your menu buttons to look good, many new css fonts are available now.

9. B2025

B2025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice site.

I only have one suggestion --- i would make the slider image slightly shorter. It's pretty tall now and takes up a lot of the page.
    Conventional web logic says to put as much as you can "above the fold" so the user doesn't have to scroll for it.

All in all, a VERY nice site, very professional, very user friendly.

Kudos!

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I agree with this suggestion as well. JoeRoxx hit the nail on the head --- A faint splash of color, maybe even a faint grey would eliminate the feeling that the page "fades to the edges" --- it would focus the reader's eye to the center of the page and the content. I think this is a great suggestion.

10. ClouDNS

ClouDNS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a business who customers must trust to order their kitchens, you should have detailed information for the company in About us and/or Contact us pages. Currently Contact us page have only web form. For me this is very annonimous and I will not trust it for mu kitchen. Map to your store or office will be very helpful too.
    Good luck!

11. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is clean and professional.

No.

It looks like it is aimed at expert contractors not the end user. There is no indication of price which makes me assume everything is super-expensive and they only way to get a price is by hand writing your exact specification into a box whereas customers would be expecting more of an easy interface.

Yes. But I am suspicious that all the picture look like generic stock photo is, not actual pictures of you facilities, stock, workers, or installed product. So there is no easy way to see how "real" your company is.

12. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About the professionality I guess it might be ok as the site looks really like professional and made by someone who knows what he's doing but I would change the design a bit and adopt something more "innovative" like one page only sites (see Bootstrap framework for this one).

13. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

I'll go ahead and use the main points you provided:

It's alright. The design reminds me of websites I have seen made in smaller towns without the resources to go all out.

I have no need to visit the site again; so no.

Not really; the website seems outdated and not exactly "up to the new standards" - personally I would revamp it using a bootstrap template or a HTML5/CSS3 template.

Yeah; to a point.

Overall the website seems nice and has great content for what you need, the design however needs some work. Maybe try going to a wordpress software and utilizing their premium themes with page builders; or simply go out and find some templates that are up with the new standards and go from there.

14. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Logo looks good

navigation bar is thing should be improved

footer text is too small to read

I would revisit your site again if you can improve them.

Overall looks good!

15. David Michaels

David Michaels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes i like design of the website, simple and attractive.
    yes, sure
    overall everything is fine
    yes, it is...

you can integrate live chat option in your website to track your clients and you can also change the font-family of your website's content...

16. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I like it, I would be happy to find it if I needed a kitchen update, its stylish - I opened all the pages of the navigation bar - all opened ok, the contact page was a bit bland how about a full face of your-self smiling, or a little video to gain personal trust, maybe some recommend letters. Do you have a google map - can't think what they call it but go to webmaster tools to sort it if you haven't already. Helps you search ranking too. How about Facebook ads you can specify your area, and maybe some re-targeting code on your website so that anyone who visits keeps being reminded of what they were looking at. (I think Facebook explains how to do it. Good luck with you venture