review webshop

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by thinkdeeper, Mar 1, 2011.

1. thinkdeeper

thinkdeeper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

please review my jewelry webshop
    I mostly value userfriendliness and coming across as a trusted webshop.

It's a new international version of a national webshop.
    Most important are an appealing/userfriendly design,
    and coming across as a trusted site for buying jewelry.

Any recommendations?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The site looks good, but I noticed a couple of things. Your categories list looks like a poll, where a checkmark would appear next to the category when it is clicked on. Also, there is nothing on the items to say why there are two different prices. Is the original price a Manufacturer's suggested retail, and the reduced price is your retail, or is the original price your regular retail, with a reduced sale price? You might want to indicate that on the items.
    Finally, there is a lot of empty space at the bottom of the page. Maybe a patterned background would be better, as long it does not make the website hard to read.

3. thinkdeeper

thinkdeeper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for the comment.
    I see the poll idea haha. didnt see that before.

ill have a look into those things.
    but.. if that is all.. i think it must be pretty ok? :)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The site looks very professional in my opinion. I'd suggest making the "Enter Coupon Code" field a little smaller, in the shopping cart pages. This coupon code field is very dominant on those pages and it may lead to customers who do not have a coupon code feeling disappointed. I'd make it much smaller and perhaps place it after the "Proceed to Checkout" button.

When purchasing online most customers are concerned with the security of their payment information and with the risk that they will not receive the products they pay for. Including something prominent on your site that gives evidence that you are a reliable business that can be trusted, would help deal with these customer doubts and hence improve your sales.

As I said the site looks great and creates a very professional first impression. Good luck with it!

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a second look at the site, and have a couple of issues. The video on the homepage is titled "Yaz Jewelry online in 20 seconds", but the video is 29 seconds long. Also, I didn't even know you had a video until I scrolled down - a video is a good way to keep visitors on your site, which is good for your Google ranking, but no one will view it if they don't know it's there. Because the items are on the top of the page, very few people will see the video or the content. Since you want to give people a reason to shop at your site, the video and content should be at the top, with the featured items below it.
    Speaking of items, I took a look at some categories at random. The number of items viewed defaults to 30 items, but none of the categories I viewed had more than 10 items. Is this something you can change, or are you planning on adding more items in the future.
    Other than that, the site looks good.

6. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

FIRST THING I noticed which was bad when I entered your site was the white BG which doesn't go with the rest of the site. And the logo not having a slight border. Makes it look like you cut it out of a magazine and pasted on. Maybe try to add a slight gradient of purple to white in the BG.

With the product images you should try to make them all of the same size for a neater look. It messes up the layout a bit so get that fixed to. I don't like the paypal image on the right. The positioning is kinda different from the rest. Use a smaller version for paypal image. And I think you should remove the "compare items" section until the user gets to his/her cart.

The site is pretty good overall and professional looking. Did you design it yourself?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with everything stated above. But here's what I can add:

In my opinion, it's better to put your content on top rather than the products. You could put the "Bride", "Party" and "Indulge" images on top and put the content after it. You can put the other products, as "Featured Products" below it. It will be easier for visitors to see what your site is all about and watch the videos.

Another thing is, the following texts are pointing on the wrong item:

It is pointing towards the "My Cart" section, not the "Subscribe" section.

The "YAS Ships Free" image seems to be of low quality compared to your other images. I wonder why.
    "About US' Page is missing. Or maybe, I can't just find it...

Lastly, the links on your footer is not linked properly. I will be better if you could fix hem.

Hoping the best for your site.

8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice site, easy to navigate. However, one thing I did notice was the text highlighted in yellow saying "Subscribe for our occassional newsletter to receive Discount & News >>" feels a little misleading, I expected to either be able to click it there and then or for the arrow to point directly at it, but it didn't.

Other than than, a nice site. Well done.

9. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought the site looked very nice and well organized. The only suggestion I kind of had was that it seemed to have a lot of empty space. You could maybe add a very light background. Other than that, there's not much else to suggest!!

10. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The links in the footer bother me. You have a bracket at the beginning of a set of links and a break after that set. You should just put them in one line, or put them in two lines with no break. Looks weird. You should also put something in the right most part of the menu.