Review Our Services Please.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by JPM, Dec 4, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would really appreciate if BAF members could give me some feedback based on our services at http://SocialColleague.com.

If you could let me know what you think of the services provided and the cost involved that would be much appreciated.

Social Colleague is a social media management services based in Dublin, Ireland. We are currently working with UK and Irish clients, but are willing to work with US and Australian companies also.

See the screen shot below for a clearer idea of what we do.. and here is the page in full.... http://socialcolleague.com/ourservices

[​IMG]

Many thanks for your time!

#1 JPM, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. Rankx

Rankx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well the services looks good and it has potential. I must say however, that I believe some of your services are overpriced. For instance Social bookmarking is very much overpriced. But that is just my opinion. Wish you the best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

What would you feel would be an adequate price? Do you feel any other services are wrongly priced?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I've checked out a few of the Social Media Management providers here in the US, and the prices range anywhere from $200 - $3000, depending on the level of service desired. Also many of these are packages, rather than pricing each service individually. I believe this would give a better idea of what Social media management service costs, since each individual service offered is an integral part of a full-service social media management program.
    Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the exchange rate for pounds vs. US dollars, so I cannot address the opinion that JPM's services are overpriced. With the wide variety of prices here in the US, I would have to make sure I am comparing apples to apples, to see if JPM's services are, or are not, overpriced.

5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the reply Joe.

From research we appear to be average in terms of pricing, there are some who charge much more and some who charge a little less.

6. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I have to say that the services are very nice, its just that they are overpriced, in my opinion.

Forum Services $46 USD

30 Posts
    10 Blog Comments

That is way over priced. It's like paying more then $1 per post, even though the blog comments are of quality.

Blog Starting Package $115 USD

I'm not sure if its a premium theme, but it is way overpriced. The user can do this by getting a host , and then using softacoulas or a free script program to install wordpress and then adding a theme.

Also, the second link in the first post is the wrong url.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You have actually provided a defense for JPM in your own comment, by including the words, "even though the blog comments are of quality". That's what his clients are paying for. Undoubtedly, you have seen some comments on this forum that are of very poor quality. However, if the posts and comments are well thought out, intelligent comments that add value to the discussion, they are more valuable, and therefore people would be willing to pay more for them.

Here again, it is the quality that people are paying for. Anyone can, as you pointed out, use software or a free script, but hiring a professional to make sure that it is done right, if you hire the right one, is worth the price paid. Note that in JPM's reply to my post, he said that his prices are average, with some charging more, some less. That doesn't sound overpriced to me, unless the quality of service does not justify the price charged (no offense intended).

8. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pretty decent services for a site of the genre. The page is well worded and easy to read too.

9. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your opinions, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

As far as the prices go, I will review it and perhaps lower it slightly but so far the clients who have requested both of these services have been more than happy to pay the prices stated. The forum positing and blog commenting is something that cannot be compared to that of Forum Promotion (no offence Fergal or anyone else) but we are talking about considerable replies, well thought out and researched if needed also. We are not talking about the one-line nonsense some of the members of FP exchange with each other. The clients pay for quality, and get quality.

As for the blogging start-up. yes it includes a premium theme; and also a 500 word article which in itself could cost around $15. we've had a couple of takers only so perhaps it is slightly over priced - only time will tell.

10. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good start on the site. Time to start testing and analyzing those heatmaps and hotspots. When it comes to websites, it's a living breathing entity that always need tweaking. Again, good start. Now time to test.

11. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks dollartycoon, much appreciated.

We have been tweaking and developing our services constantly based on user feedback and practicalities. We're not far away from launching some exciting new services such as custom Wordpress website development, podcasting and a great new service where we can register and reserve your username or business name on over 300 social networks. Once they are ready i'll report back to get some more feedback from you guys. Thanks again.