Review Of Ads-Free Website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by azraf, Mar 2, 2009.

1. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just started a website. Its fully Ads free. Want some review. Any important suggestion will be appreciated. visit bba mba site.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Azraf and congratulations on your new site.

The design is very smart and professional. Did you design it yourself?

What is the objective of your site in terms of what benefits will you provide to visitors? Is it focused on being a business article directory or will you be building the community element?

Are there any particular areas where you would like suggestions, e.g. SEO and marketing, content creation or attracting members?

3. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply. I did not design the site myself, i've customizing the design and making more customization time to time.

My main objective is to help the business students with study materials. Visitor can get articles, submit articles and even request for articles what they are looking for.
    My main focus is to make a community site with a large educational resource for the business students.

And as for success, i need SEO and marketing as well as attracting members, so, suggestion may goes on any aspect.

Thanks.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Azraf, have you considered posting comments on relevant blogs and including a link to your site?

Have a look at some of the links under blogging in our Useful Online Business Resources. Even though they are related to blogging, they contain lots of info on marketing that can be applied to other types of sites.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi azraf, welcome to BAF. :) Fergal's given you some good pointers there. I like your theme too and was going to ask what Fergal did about your site's objectives. While it's a nice looking site, it's unclear what its aim is at first glance and many don't hang around long enough for a second one.

Maybe an About Us/Mission Statement type page would clarify that, or consider making the very first header image that reflected education/learning more? Grass doesn't yell education to me. I think the first picture needs to reinforce the tagline.

And just as I typed that, I found your About Us page in the bottom corner. :) First big suggestion, put that in your top row to make it more visible. I would change the order of your sidebar and move the sign-in below the Featured Articles. You want to catch their attention right away there and articles will do it better than a login box.

In the Keep an Eye, the linked phrase " Click here for your advice" that goes to the Contact Us doesn't make sense. It sounds like you're going to be advising them instead of the other way round. I would just say "Contact Us with your feedback" or " Contact Us to share your ideas" or something similar. Because see, I didn't realize that was a Contact Us link until I moused over it and would have looked for the Contact Us elsewhere. Right place, wrong anchor text I'd say. ;)

If you don't want to move the About Us link to the top row with Home etc, I'd put it in there too, because they can't suggest things if they don't know what you're trying to achieve. Something along these lines:

Not sure why you have a Site Image in the sidebar.

That was just from first impressions, azraf. Your site's very nice indeed and I'm sure it'll do well. :)

6. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Kay, thanks for you nice response. Actually this site i'm working on is fully my personal and I'm working alone [site functionality development, content development, ideas, everything, banner-though still i did not put on site- i'm thinking about it]. Therefore, it is taking a lot of time to upgrade a major issue.

Ya, i agree all your suggestions. Me also feeling annoyed for the grass title image. I'm working on it for past few days and very soon, that will change.

What diamond point i got from your suggestion is, the about us and leave a response/"Click here for your advice"
    for that, i'll highlight the about us - it will take some time to make it more presentable, and i'm immediately implementing a Guest Book-type things for general suggestion from the audience.

I was placed the site image for another purpose, its not what i'm thinking permanently and removed already.

And i've to rewrite the "About us", and then, i'll put it as menu on top. or about us will be the same, i'll put another article on "Our Mission" and put that on top- what you say?

And i've already set the right panel as- Featured articles, Sign in and Keep an eye [would it be keep two eyes? lol]

And thanks many many to you guys. I'm going to add a page on my site as Our Friends/Partners. I'll surely add your link there.

Thank you again. And if any new ideas come to your mind, i'll be great full to hear that.

Bye

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you are putting up a page something like a "Guest Book" make sure to put in some kind of spam protection. Spammers target these type of pages, to get publicity for their adult and pharmaceutical sites.

Please keep us updated on how it works out for you.

8. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've change the title image, as best i can do it myself, [later i may take support from professional designer], and place a guestbook.

Please give few words there.
    http://bbamba.info

9. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

azraf, you're welcome and thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended. :)

Your new header image is perfect! Excellent choice. The tagline's much better too, Business Articles and Reports for Learners. I was going to suggest you changed the Help Desk tagline as well but didn't want to bombard you with too much. The new one's great, it makes it so much clearer what the site's all about.

Nice job. :) And I signed your guestbook - it's very smooth.

10. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never angry with my critic or adviser. Cause they can help me to keep pace onward. Thanks for your nice suggestion and comments on Guest book [I was not thinking about that, :)]

Now design is almost complete, i've to concentrate on Content development and SEO / traffic. This two field is very poor now. I'm getting traffic only around 100 page view per day. and returning visitors % is not good, very low. Therefore have to need Content development too.

Can you give an idea how i can attract the audience to submit their contents/articles [as the site is running free, so i cant spend to getting content/article].

And will it a good idea to place Google Adsense ads [image ads only] on the site? Now i'm getting about 20-30 visits from Yahoo per day. will it affect if i place Google ads?

11. ABM House

ABM House
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF Azraf and congratulations on your new site. The website looks ok. I think you done very good job carry-on.

12. mesh457

mesh457
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The design is very smart and professional. Did you design it yourself?

13. aziz32882

aziz32882
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website look perfect and design is awesome.

14. HomeBusinessWebs

HomeBusinessWebs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the link isn't loading for me? website cannot be found?