Review Niche Dog Training Webpage

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Clint Cora, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought that I would 'cash in' on my website reviews here by requesting some feedback on one of my website pages. This is not my primary website. It's a side project involving a niche dog training resource. What I would really want feedback on is the sales page for a book/video program I've got and if possible, the home page of the site since that's where most people will land on first. There is a separate squeeze page which is similar to the opt in part of the home page but I haven't taken steps to drive much traffic there yet.

Thanks

Dog Resource Sales Page

Dog Website Home Page

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've never really purchased from those long sales page type sites, nor understood how they work. However, I do know that they work and that they do make sales. I like the layout of this site and even though I'm not a dog owner it communicates the benefits of purchasing the product very quickly and clearly in a way that is persuasive to visitors and potential customers.

Offering a free product on the homepage is a great way of gathering the email addresses of your visitors so that you can stay in touch with them and in a similar vain the FaceBook box at the bottom is also very effective. Overall I think it looks great and I hope that it is making good sales for you.

3. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. Yes there's that debate about long sales letters but so far the concensus out there with respect to information products, these are still the most effective. The thought is that those who don't stick around to see the entire video or read the entire page would not be truly interested in the content anyway. I've tried hard to reduce as much as possible and still willing to cut more if there's a certain piece of content that is considered unnecessary.

4. The Reverend

The Reverend
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the site would look more attractive with some different colours. Grey is a bit dull. I do not like those long sales letter sites either, because I have never trusted them, but I know a lot of people do so good luck :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I personally don't like those type of site layouts and I tend to avoid buying from them, however, they do work and that's why there are so many of them. If I was setting up a site to sell an info product I may well use that type of layout, because of the fact that they do sell products, so I didn't mean to suggest that there was anything wrong with your site.

6. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the clean layout but I feel its lacking in terms of a logo and defining colours.

7. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks so far for the input.

8. brian1234

brian1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Niche market can be focused on different stuffs that requires particular type of customers of services.If you providing some services or manufacturing some products then you can take the advantage of niche marketing.generally this type of service may or may not be provided by the Branded advertising agencies.

9. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It gives off an amateur feel, like it's from the 90's. It also looks like one of those sites that were built solely for the purpose of pushing affiliate products.

10. broink

broink
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Old style website look... you loose very much because of this.
    The homepage should be more dinamic, with more photos and maybe divided on sections.
    The salepage is too long and why are you should show better the prices.
    Good luck

11. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the layout of this location and even though I'm not a dog proprietor it communicates the advantages of buying the merchandise very rapidly and apparently in a way that is persuasive to tourists and promise customers.

12. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

YOu may get more sign up if you can put the "free instant access to video " on the top
    under
    "Dog Potty Training With Dog Litter Box
    Puppy House Training And Much More"

Good luck!

13. harigopinath

harigopinath
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

The homepage looks like any other affiliate landing page.The page looks dull with just text and images. You could effectively make the site look more standard with adjusting the header design and the overall color scheme.

You could change add a custom favicon as it is showing the bluehost icon now.You could also use a download button instead of just text button.Do let me know if you require any help with the design.I can do it for free as you are BAF member.

Thanks

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The page is kinda plain. I don't know but it looks dull to me.
    And the sale page is too long. I wonder how do similar sites sells using this technique. I can't spend much time reading them. I prefer straight to the point sales pitch.

15. myPDV

myPDV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your Review

Hello! It's a very simple website I guess. One thing you could do is improve the keywords to get your search traffic up.

Hope this helps :)