Review my site...I am Just a FrontPager

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by musheer, Jul 1, 2009.

1. musheer

musheer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everybody
    Admin is hereby request to review my site and give me instruction as how i improve my site. Keep in mind i am just a beginer and want to learn.

If i get my site reviewed, it will be a great help for me.

http://www.mycareer.edu.pk

#1 musheer, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  2. neo666

neo666
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey ,i do not think it is good to post the same topic thrice just to get minimum to post link, anyways here is my review-
    firstly,the site looks quite good, definitely the content is very extensive,and if it is unique content ,it will payoff very soon!
    the design although simple is to my liking:)

but maybe you can use some affiliates to increase earnings

i see it getting lot of backlinks in future , if you develop niche backlinks it will soar in rankings,
    maybe the design can be with a bit more options in the menu(only home and about us!).
    a nice site with good content:D

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Musheer. Overall the site looks good and it appears to contain a lot of information. Congratulations on building and publishing it. Some comments below;

When website visitors look at underlined text they expect it to be a link, especially when the text is blue in colour. The fact that the main headings in your site are blue and underlined but are not links causes a little confusion.

I notice that most of your pages appear to have the same title tag. You should change the title tag of each page to include keywords for that individual page, to help your site's SEO.

Your logo appears to be clickable but it doesn't take me back to the site home page, which is what visitors will expect when they click a logo.

You have a small spelling error in the footer of your site "Add your side", should be " Add your site".

Some pages have a lot of white space between the bottom of the page content and the start of your footer area. You might want to reduce some of this white space, to improve the appearance of your site.

On http://www.mycareer.edu.pk/career-in-public-relation.htm you have the heading "Publican Relation, Marketing and Advertising" it should probably be "Publican Relations, Marketing and Advertising".

The scholarship links are very far down on your home page. I'd imagine a lot of your visitors might be interested in these. It might help to include a link to them higher up on your homepage.

Your site design uses a lot of tables which are not good for accessibility and may have a harmful affect on your SEO. You might want to consider learning some CSS and using that.

Your ad integration looks pretty good, how is it working out for you?

Please let us know your thoughts and if you have any further questions.

Good luck with it!

4. musheer

musheer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for a Comprehensive Review of my site

Hi Mr. Fergal
    First of all, I am realy very thankful to you for your time to review my site in such a depth. I aslo thank neo666 for giving me a piece of advice.
    All the shortcoming that you people have indicated, i checked them and going to correct them as per your instruction. I feel like admiting in a good school and hope i will learn lot of things here Inshallah. Thanks

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

We value your participation musheer and we are always delighted to help. Please post back when you've made some changes and we will give you further suggestions. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi musheer!!
    As fergal indicated too..try to distinguish the colour of the headings from links as it really very annoying for user to figure which are the links and which are not...
    Also try ti increase the width of the page while scrolling down towards bottom.as width of the content on a page should remain same..thats what I think because it adds decent look to your web page..@@:)

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site looks nice. Actually people moreover look this kind of site. The contents are nice as well. But the page looks a bit long. It could have been made short and managed.

Anyways, it looks great.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a good point. Some of your visitors will not scroll down far enough to see your "Top Universities of UK and USA" section. If you created some more pages for individual sections and linked to these pages from your home page and your navigation structure, it would make navigating your site's content easier for your visitors.

9. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think this website looks like Pakistan version India study channel

10. shyflower

shyflower
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Under you legal paragraph, you have misspelled the word Careers.

It look like you have a good idea for a site, but you should have a short paragraph at top explaining the site's benefits to users. Even if you put the page title in an h1, it would help the visitor better understand the purpose of the site.

I would also standardize your columns. I like the colors, but the first area, "Hottest Career Tracks in Pakistan" (which is probably the most important for eye appeal), has no header bar and the paragraphs there leave far too much white space in comparison to the other topics on the page.

I also wonder if you have permission to display the various logos? If not, you could run into trouble with some of those that are registered trademarks.

Rather than just linking to scholarships, you might give an overview of each one. What are the requirements and what is their purpose?

I would also make sure your left sidebar list is properly alphabetized. Right now it is partly so which may give your visitors the impression that their field of interest is missing, although it isn't.

Finally, if you wish your visitors to add their site and/or partner with your site, you should have an about page, a TOS, and a privacy policy in place.

11. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

musheer, you've already received here several excellent suggestions for improving your website. Here are mine:

* There are misspelling errors in your source page META NAME >Description.
    * Remove your e-mail address in META NAME="Author" CONTENT= and add a Contact Us link to the page.
    * I would slightly change the layout to have a full featured article shown on the top of the page
    * Very important: since your website was built with MS Frontpage you should test it using other browsers

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

musheer, you got some great suggestions there from shyflower & junglekid, please post back to let us know your thoughts or if there is anything else we can help you with.

Can you use a spell checker in FrontPage to help you with the spelling errors?

13. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's also the first thing I noticed in the site. There's some blank space there that could have been put to better use. The same is true with the "Scholarships" part. There's also some blank space there.

Also, I couldn't distinguish and could have missed the "Home" and "About" links at the top left of the page because they're the same font and colour as "In the Name of Allah The most Gracious, the most Merciful.".

14. Asswass

Asswass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Not so much content on the home page.
    2) Cleaner logo.
    3) Better font and size

I'll give you more tips later.

15. Jammy

Jammy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice

It's really nice site.
    But I really think, design could be improved upon.

And, also, as mentioned earlier. the home page is too long.
    It should be a little short, as it's a home page of a site, and not a blog.

Information provided is really nice..