Review my New site CasualFacts.com

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by TimeRider, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just got a new domain Casualfacts.com and I have just designed a simple layout for it. I have put some facts or information there. Just suggest me what can be done better or what you like.

Check my site: www.CasualFacts.com

Thank you!

2. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear devil, Please finish your website design first. then we can review and give us our comments.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just tried a simple layout for the site. It's small sized page and I am working on it. Didn't you see anything on the page?

4. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I visted on casualfacts.com & taken a short look of it ! Dear this website looks totaly uncompiled. There is nothing in this website. There is much need to work on it. It just look like a simple template. So make it Complete.

5. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it would be better to add up more contents and Please add an analytics tracking code, so that you can track the traffic that are coming through your website.

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First Impression

Honestly, your website looks like a parked page. At first glance I would close the website immediately after landing on a page. I would definitely make your layout and design more web 2.0 and modern. This would probably decrease your bounce rate.

Template Impression

As I already said, your website looks like a parked page. The them you are using is dated, looks like something from the late 90's, early 2000's. The navigation menu in the header should definitely be changed. Changing that alone will make all the difference in the world.

Website Structure Impression

The one thing that really stands out is the advertisements. You should change the colour to something a little less bright and loud. The placement is alright but the colour of it just doesn't make sense. I The overall structure is simple and decent. Less is more.

Activity and Community Impression

Well with forums and blogs you can see right away the amount of activity they get from the number of posts and comments they received. With yours I can't tell but the statistics counter at the bottom helps with that. Because the count is so low and not something you want to boast about I suggest using an invisible counter(for now) from StatCounter or completely removing it.

Staff and Policy Impression

I don't see a Privacy Policy, or even a Terms of Use page. You should consider putting these up. Also, it looks like the only staff member is you(?), the administrator. I would change "administrator" to "webmaster" or something similar and put a contact link in the footer instead of the header, along with a Privacy Policy page and a Terms of Use page.

Overall Impression

Overall I think the website needs a lot of work as it lacks appeal. Get a more modern template instead of using this dated one.
    Change the colour of your advertisements. The way it is now is just hard on the eyes. You want something eye-catching but not something that makes your site look cheap. You could also change your add to a 728x90 or a 970 x 90 to make it more appealing.
    Maybe bring on another staff member so that people know if they have questions they don't have to just wait on one person to get back to them. Getting another staff member will also lessen your workload and allow for you to work on the back-end of the site more.
    Put up a Privacy Policy page and a Terms of Use page so your visitors know exactly what they're getting into and to protect yourself from possible DMCAs.
    Also refer back to the Activity and Community Impression portion of this review. A "hits counter" is no longer appealing and or necessary.

Good luck with your website!

7. Maik619

Maik619
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems there is no need to say much since Jerlene described your website perfectly.

All I can do to help you out is give you a few examples of a more modern approach:
    Example 1
    Example 2 (No need for all the fancy javascript, just check the structure of the site)

Also I made this website: http://prolinesanmed.ro/
    I don't consider it that great. It could have been better. But might give you an idea.

I hope I managed to help you at least a little bit.

Kind Regards,[SUP][/SUP]
    Mihai

8. masterninja

masterninja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there isn't much there. and honestly site design could use some work for aesthetics

9. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems you have not finished your site yet.

10. sectech9

sectech9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

loocking good

11. clipping path

clipping path
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't open your url. Your url currently not working. :( .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.