Review my hosting website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Dewlance, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Recently I change my homepage design and remove some images and make many other changes.

Please review my site and tell me what I need to change or my site is ok?

My hosting site is: http://dewlance.com

I am looking for serious review not only nice or ok.

Thank you

2. Allan

Allan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the site, very easy to navigate and most text is very easy to read. The one problem I had was the grey text on green background, http://dewlance.com/cheap-linux-vps the txt is s little hard to read. Other then that great job.

3. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am no expert but I agree with what Allan had to say. Thanks to him I went back and checked the colour combination with and without my glasses and it could be a strain for some. I find the fonts to be a little small for my eyes but I guess zoom is there to be used. I believe in my quick scamming I also saw a few typos that could be easily fixed but besides that I like that your site is easy to navigate.

4. MooreHelen

MooreHelen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a general impression .. it is nice and I like it .. things to improve:

1) I did not like the green image and picture on the main page ..
    2) The prices part on the first page can have better background color
    3) The contact us page .. the emails are on the following format (admin [at] dewlance...) why are you using [at] instead of @?
    4) the forum page .. some of the images are not there .. question marks are displaced instead
    5) The about us page .. you need to align the paragraphs

As I said in general it is nice .. just few minor adjustments

5. Maestro_2015

Maestro_2015
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the website, however there are some issues,

1. the Bakcground for the pricing needs to be changed as it can be difficult to read.
    2. The Contact page in my view should be sent directly to your submit ticket page this makes it easier for the user to immedietly message you and for you to keep track of emails within the system.
    3. The forum page is a bit off I suggest you get the image alignemt fixed.

But other than that it is nice.

6. Ace Karim

Ace Karim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Dewlance.

Let me preface what I say: no offence intended.

1. The green on that textured background doesn't work, poor colour harmony. Background needs to be darker to pull it off.

2. Best & affordable: I think people can ascertain that it is affordable so I don't have an issue with that being mentioned but "Best"? In what way is that quantified? It just reads like the typical no substance hype that is said in numerous places. If you can validate in what way, then keep it, otherwise, it just comes across as sales-y and lacking substance.

3. Quick Support & Fast Server: not the same degree of white as the other lines.

4. Under About Company: "this site has been considered above all other existing sites." Considered above all others in what regards? This line needs to be worked on to improve what you are wanting to say. Even then, once again, it needs quantifying, for it sounds like hype. It should also start with a capital T.

5. Other errors:

It consist: should be It consists.
    at all time: should be at all times.

6. Who is your target audience, and what level of pre-knowledge are you expecting them to have? I ask for things like cPanel, Softaculous, if they do not know of these things, then how are they meant to perceive and appreciate them as benefits? Of course if they are clued up, then leave it in.

7. MooreHelen mentioned the lack of alignment on your About Us page, needs fixing. "We spend an extra amount of money", this can be worded better, to use extra one needs to know what is normal, otherwise we can't appreciate the extra.

8. Forum Home the image doesn't fit in with your brand identity, should be replaced.

Cheers, Ace.

7. rmmfree

rmmfree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It has a nice design but I would adopt the current trend of flat design and also I would use another photo with better quality.
    Best of all it's a quite cheap service, so perhaps I'll host a couple of webpages with your company.
    Regards.

8. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you use Wordpress CMS to create your website?

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Guten abend Herr Kaufenpreis,

The site was built using WordPress with the PureCorpWP theme.

If you look at the source code you can see all the references to WordPress.

10. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a good piece of work .
    The Changes and Additions i would like to mention is that ,
    The gray color background on the price box is not fitting well , you should change it to something a little bit darker in color .
    The second thing is that you should also provide a "register" button on the client area for those users who arent currently members yet.