review my article directory

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by daytrader, Dec 2, 2010.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've created this article directory about a week now and i just edit its css and some codes so that the theme won't look as if its the default for its wordpress article directory.

article marketing directory

i was doubtful lately when i saw the competition but i guess i did the right decision for this domain. so what else can i edit besides the logo that i haven't added yet?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The site looks fine, it's quite bland in appearance, but that may not be a major issue for that type of site. One suggestion I would make is that you change the main title from "Popular Articles" to "Article Injection". This will make it much easier for your visitors to remember the site domain name.

Good luck with it!

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks. good point. :D

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal. It's quite bland for starters but I can say that it's simple and not over the top since this is an article directory, not an entertainment site.
    Anyways, I think it would be better if you could add a banner on top with the site's logo on it. And don't forget the favicon.

I just noticed that the "Author Panel" is empty. May I know what's supposed to be included there?

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its for authors. if your not an author then you can't see a thing- thanks for reminding, i guess i have failed to inserts functions.
    if you have tried submitting articles somewhere like ezine then i guess you'll also find them not entertaining. but this is because its not for entertainment. its for linkbuilding..

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I actually largely agree with you ownedbox, so please don't take this to mean I don't - I've been reading a great business book recently and the author makes an interesting point about the entertainment industry. He says that the entertainment industry is extremely profitable and that all businesses should learn from the entertainment industry, by being a little more entertaining themselves.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, I haven't really used any of those to build backlinks.
    Anyway, I hope you luck on this new venture of yours.