Review Kayark GFX

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Shahrier, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I took the suggestions in to considerations and fulfilled them.

Now any more suggestions?

I know I need more activity.

http://kayarkgfx.com

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's important to make the home page of your site appealing and attractive to first time visitors. Make the benefits of the site clear, so that they have a reason to explore the site further. The first thing you might do, is make the text easier to read, especially the text in the "Announcement".

The navigation bar in the site header could also be improved. It looks like text to me and it doesn't stand out as a navigation bar. You need to make the links clearer or even use buttons, so that visitors will clearly see how to get to the different sections of your site.

Good luck with it!

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it just me or the background is pure white?
    I definitely suggest you to to improve the homepage. This is the graphics forum, right? Well, it doesn't look like one.
    The text is not clearly readable. The text is small. You could increase the font size, similar to the size of this forum so that it's readable.
    You can also add a good BG color that will generally look good on your theme. It could be light blue and make your headers dark blue.
    I can also suggests you to visit other graphic sites so that you can have an overall idea on how your site will look like.

4. Arlind

Arlind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should add more colors. I see only 2 colors there and in 10 secs that I saw your site I'm already bored of its design.

Also, I've never been a fan of portals and I've never used them. A forum is a forum and doesn't need a portal. And your portal seems useless. The tabs on the left are just not appropriate. You should me some changes there. Add a big Button that takes to the forum. Took me 30 secs to find your small button.

1 last thing: I don't like the way which topics/threads are displayed in the categories. If you can, work on that.