Review as I develop AdminCentral.org

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by karoshio, Jul 1, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have started working on AdminCentral.org my other main website along with GamerCafe as it will be. Reason being they're my two biggest passions really, Webmaster/Administration and Gaming.

Little Info:
    AdminCentral is aimed to start out as website tutorials, SEO tips, webmaster tools a forum directory and after a few months online a forum will be developed. The forum part is mainly due to I want GamerCafe to be going a lot stronger before starting off another one.

So I would like the BAF communities' help, ideas, suggestions and feedback on the website as I develop it.

http://admincentral.org

Give me all your comments, ideas, suggestions, feedback and reviews to things I should add/change about absolutely anything.

Please remember I only started making this as of July 2nd and I cannot do graphics whatsoever. So far all I have really done is a couple small things on the graphic side which look terrible to me and set out positions of some content areas.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The forum looks great karoshio, well done with that. That's a very professional MyBB theme and I really like the way you have laid out your forum titles and descriptions. The only suggestions I would make are as follows;

• Adding a little colour to the forum header or log, might give it a bit more life and vibrancy
    • Fill up the forum sections that have zero posts - make the posts yourself, do some post exchanges or whatever else is required to get some posts in there.

Overall it looks great and I wish you every success with it.

3. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the suggestions. I got the theme because I thought it look really professional for MyBB but we are currently re doing the graphics of it with nicer colours to match the community.
    If you notice the theme looking really odd at stages that is just because we are testing things.

I actually posted this thread when I had the main page up that i was working on along with the directory and wordpress side of things. For now the only thing you will see is the forum and the directory can be found via a link in the forums but it really isn't read for release as I have a lot more to do it past what the free script offers.

The main website will not appear until I have completed to the standard that I finally feel happy with.

4. TheNova

TheNova
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hello karoshio. Would you consider making the thread and post count show as default? It might just be me, but I find it a little annoying having to hover over each section just to see how active that particular section is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the default of the theme, but I'll re write the tables later today.

6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will admit with Fergal. I don't have a problem with the current theme right now, as it's very easy on the eyes and user friendly. I really do have a feeling I will be enjoying your admincentral forums a lot in the future Karoshio, and I wish you best of luck. As I have already stated before to you via MSN, I do however though think you should consider making the signature link show default instead of having to click every post for it to show.

Also, change of the posts per star on accounts eventually and setting up a certain post requirement for a sig link. I would say maybe 20 for starters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems everyone had already posted the same review as I. All I can add is for you to include a favicon.
    One question though, what's the difference of the Marketplace > Advertising section to Webmaster, Hosting & Advertising?

EDIT: I just noticed there's a typo on Webmaster, Hosting & Advertising.

• Like Like x 1
    #7 GekiDan, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  8. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fixed it up. Favicon and other changes will be either tomorrow or the next day.

#8 karoshio, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  9. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with all the feedback given so far. However I would add one thing; to compete and attract activity against the odds of the big boys, you need something unique that other webmaster forums don't have. DP has a few things, but others have found something too. Maybe it is a credits system (don't know if this is unique) where by members can ask for work from each other using the credits earnt through posts and such, like here on BAF.

Good luck, the theme looks great.