Revenue sharing by social media sites

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Corzhens, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are all in Facebook, spending most of our time posting and interacting but we earn nothing and only Facebook gets rich from our activities. Tweeter is the same, it gets rich with our tweets but shares nothing with its users.

Have you gone to social media that shares revenue to the users? I have checked on Tsu, a copycat of Facebook. But the main difference is that it pays the users for the activity it brings - posting pics, commenting, likes. There's also MyAllFriends with the same scheme.However, these 2 sites pay so little that you can earn 1 cent in a week or 2.

Whzon is a social media that pays a rate much better than the first 2 sites mentioned. A like that your post gets is equal to 1 CAD (Canadian dollar). Isn't it nice to know about that?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It depends on whether their business model is sustainable, and whether they actually pay their members. I did some research, and found out the site recently changed their policies due to abuse, and you must now reach a certain earnings level before being paid. I checked to find out who owns the domain, and it was "Private". I checked a few review sites, and most didn't have much information, and along with the lack of user reviews, their reputation at this point is rated "Very Poor", Trustworthiness is "Unknown", and "Privacy" level is "Unsatisfactory". They also have no area on their site that I could find that tells prospective members how the whole thing works.
    Given that, I would have to say no, it is not "nice to know about".

• Like Like x 2
  3. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you actually been paid from this site at all? I've had a quick look and it looks slightly poor quality to me. Of course, this doesn't automatically mean it's a scam but it does look quite offputting. So I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever made anything here.

4. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently joined blogjob which has the same format as any social network sites but you earn some points for sharing, liking, posting and interacting with other members. I hope sites like this will flourish and remain true to their advocacy and help people earn something from their time spent online. I have not reach the threshold yet although there are some friends who claim to have cashed out already.

5. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1 like = 1 Canadian dollar? To be honest it does sound like a scam to me. Anything that sounds too good to be true . . .

It reminds me of this one site which paid people about $10 for a short survey but you had to earn $1000 or so to cash out. Needless to say, no one ever cashed out.When you were close to making the $1000 you'd soon they'd be no more surveys for you. Ineligible, ineligible, ineligible. Lots of time wasted.

I would expect no less from this Social Media site which purportedly pays their users $1 Canadian dollar for a like. It's relatively easy to create multiple accounts and like your posts 10 times every day . . .

6. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not really me that's with Whzon but my husband (we cannot be both members since we use the same IP address). So far he had already earned to his Paypal a total of 100 CAD. @jeeroxx, you are right in the change of policy. When my husband joined, a like on your post is paid 2 cents but it was cut down to 1 cent now. When he was elevated to a quality member, he gets 8 cents per like but as per policy change it is now just 4 cents. One member who is a writer friend had already earned 160 CAD.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, pardon me for the mistake. It is 1 cent and not 1 Canadian dollar for a like on your post. I'm very sorry for that typo error. Mea culpa, that mistake is unpardonable, so sorry. Thanks for pointing it out because I was not aware.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While sites this this sound like a good idea, I also don't see how they can be sustainable. It's very hard for any new site to make money in the first place, and the fact they have already changed their policy and cut down what it pays it's members, suggests to me that they haven't researched the market properly and might already be struggling.

People have said there's a minimum amount you have to get to be able to cash out, how much is that?