Revenue ideas?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by karoshio, Jun 28, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I cannot use AdSense or AdBrite due to both disabling me for invalid click activity, not that i can figure out why since i did not once click any of my own ads.

Anyway, i have been working on hard GamerCafe.net and want to get it going good, then i have strongpasswordgenerator.net which once complete i wont need to update and i plan to make a proxy and a image host the same set up as that. I also have karoshio.net which i would like to turn into a hub for all of my websites.
    Then i want to make a webmaster community but before adding a forum i will have my own tutorials, seo tips and online website tools, etc before i add a forum. I want to have GamerCafe going strong before i added the community part to it.

Anyway, to the revenue side, once these are all going i want to set them all up so i can bring in some revenue but i'm unsure of how to go about it.. If i should try sell ad space or go to another ad network other then the ones mentioned about..

What does the BAF community think?

Sorry if i rambled in that and it sounded like crap, i'm very tired. :p

2. mcduggly

mcduggly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you already diminished arguably the top best pay-per-click affiliates out there. Honestly, I'd just try to go with making your site huge and selling ad space on it.

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed, I was stopped from using adsense on our forum and it ended up being a blessing. We used it as a way to promote our forum by offering members free advertising.

4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Karoshio, my personal advice to you is even if you find a new ad network to use, do not post it on your site/forums until they already have a decent amount of content and are going strong. The invalid clicks could also be from some individuals in your forum. Keep that in mind.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't focus too much on the revenue at the beginning stage, focus on the content itself. Once your site was grown or become bigger, you can easily earn money from ads. Then, only you decide which type of ads you prefer

6. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone tried out MaxBounty?

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did, MaxBounty is one of the best affiliate program which is good for game niche

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to focus on making your site better and attractive so more users would prefer to join in. Also I've seen your site GamerCafe.net it all black which makes it really hard to see all the colors change its back ground to some light color it will make it a bit more vibrant.

9. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well the thing is from my experience, gamers like it dark and my forum goes no where near as dark as much. When the theme was lighter I just got requests to make a darker theme.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's better if you improve your site first before venturing into one. You won't even get a couple of bucks if you are low on traffic, right?
    Continue promoting your forum and get more active members to join.

One question, is that the site or domain you used when Adsense banned you?

11. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, the site AdSense disabled me on was Cruvenium.com a long time ago.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why don't you try again this time? You could use a name of you parents or siblings to register.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm delighted to see that you have already had some great advice in this thread. You may also find the links in the Ad Networks (Most Pay via PayPal) section of our Useful Online Business Resources thread helpful.

14. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everyone for the info. Would it breech any terms having AdSense in my girlfriends name?

15. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally would not advise this. If something were to ever happen between you two later on down the road then she has full rights to your account and earnings. My best advice would be to find a family member, possibly a parent or sibling, and have them sign up and put the ads on your site. However, I'm not 100% sure if Google checks into who the site owners are and if that will inflict later problems with their AdSense accounts. You might want to check into this as well.

16. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone think MaxBounty would be a good alternative for revenue later on?

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Something you would need to be conscious of when doing that is that Google don't only ban accounts they sometimes also ban websites from their network. If your website has been banned from their network, Adsense ads won't display on it not matter who's account you use.

18. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a good point, Fergal. I'll figure something out eventually I guess.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it's a good idea unless she's already your wife. Anyways, it's alot better if you name it after one of your parents.
    Just give them a little portion of your earnings. That's what I do. :)

20. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it can be, you need to try them out if you want to know the result. Also, neverblue is also another good alternative