Revenge is so sweet??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by RestOwner, Nov 1, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am having a major problem in my life wherein there is someone trying to ruin my reputation. I have suspects on who but I don't know the reason because I haven't done something wrong with this 2 person for them to do such awful things to me. Now that I lost my everything, do you think that taking revenge would be the greatest thing to do or should I sit down and do nothing at all? Have you tried taking revenge on someone?? :thinking:This thing that is happening to me now is making my life miserable :beatup:

2. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Don't take revenge. Reputation can be re-built. Believe me, I know this. Work on building your reputation back up. :)

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

“There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.”
    -- Josh Billings

“Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind”
    -- Anonymous

4. Dumpster

Dumpster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Up and falls are part of life. your reputation has ruined it means not end. you can rebuid it by doing again more best effort.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi RestOwner I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time. I've got some personal experience of people trying to damage my reputation online. In my case it was done by hackers who were banned from a forum I own (not this one). It is times like this that help strengthen us and these are the times when we need to be strong - "when you are going through hell keep going". If you are at the bottom, things can only get better.

I can fully understand the temptation to seek revenge, but the truth is, it doesn't help anyone. If you take revenge on the offenders you don't know what their reaction will be and you could get yourself into trouble for it. Plus it begins to bring you to their level and it can make your life worse, rather than better.

Try to take a note and write down everything that happens to you and inform the relevant authorities. They will have experience of dealing with similar matters and they should be able to help you. The authorities will do more to help you, if you can demonstrate that you did not take revenge on the offenders, but instead turned to them for help with dealing with the matter.

Is this reputation damage happening online or in the real world?

Take care of yourself and good luck with everything. Hopefully in a few months it will all be behind you and life will be much better.

6. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's better not to revenge although you want it so much. Life will give them their revenge and they will feel the same sooner or later.

7. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is happening in real world.. Somehow it enlighten me but there is a part of me saying enough is enough that I have to put an end into the things that has been done but how will I do this??

I simply can't just sit around and wait for another "attack" from the person. The more I get silent, the more they want to ruin my life and that really sucks! They even hacked into my other account, can you believe that?!? how come there are person who enjoyed doing these things?!?! Sorry but I am just mad about what is going on with my life and frustrated on what to do on these things now that it caused so much trouble...

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Revenge will not put an end on these. It will just be a start of an "endless loop of revenge."
    This means, if you take revenge, the other faction will again take revenge on you. Then you get them again, and they will get you also. You will again take revenge... and this will continue endlessly until any of you two will stop.

Best thing to be done is go to your reputable legal adviser and ask for advices on what you need to do regarding your suspects. If I'm not mistaken, if someone spreads wrong information on you to ruin your reputation, you can charge them LIBEL.

This is the most peaceful way of ending this.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with GekiDan, you should seek professional legal advice on this matter and consider contacting your local police. A solicitor's letter or a word from the police might be enough to stop these people.

That may be true in your circumstances, however, very often these people get a kick from annoying their victims and the more they see that they are upsetting you, the more likely they will continue. Many, but unfortunately not all, of these people will stop if you ignore them.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true. Just ignore them for the moment. Show them that the things that they are doing to you doesn't affect you any single bit.:)

11. Cadman

Cadman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    Revenge is not good for any person. It affects relationships in across friends and families.

12. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I appreciate every advice you gave me.. now I am being silent on things.. the person stopped doing things to annoy me and hopefully this is not just temporary for him.. sometimes I do get paranoid and thinking "maybe he is just thinking of other ways to ruin me again". Wish this will all stop so I can have a peace of mind and go on with my life.. I also gave up the person I love the most because my partner is being dragged to this situation,, do you think I made the right decision? or maybe I am just affected on the flow of things right now.. still confused right now and also bothered because haven't recovered from what happened..:(

13. davidmoore

davidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope you will find it in your heart to move on gracefully. Remember that the best revenge if to live a good life.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

RestOwner I'm glad to hear that the person concerned has stopped doing these things, hopefully the issue is now over and you can put it behind you.

That's unfortunate, perhaps now that the issue is resolved you can get back with this person. Is this something you would like to see happen? It would be a shame if the actions of an outsider were to damage your relationship in this way.

15. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey RestOwner I am sorry to hear this,I studied the comments that people wrote here,and a lot of them are saying that you have to forgive them and go on with your life,and I agree with them,
    But you have to understand that in life you will meet people that you don't like and situations that you don't want to be in,and problems and so on,somethimes is good to get over it,and forgive,but some people must be hit at least as they hit you,and if you can hit them 10 times more harder,this way you show to them and other people like them that you are a guy not to f**k with.
    I think this is what you should do.

Remember sometimes is better if you forgive,but if you see that it becomes habit to people by trying to piss you off,you should respond 10 times harder,and hit them like an hammer.
    I can assure you they won't mess with your life again in this way.

Sorry for being to rough,but this is how the world is man.
    Is a jungle outhere,and even if you are the strongest and the best,they will want to see you on your knees,and they will hit you as hard as life,but is not important how hard they hit you,no it isn't , is important how much can you take and carry on with you goals and dreams.
    This is the most inspire thing that i learned,and it keeped me in on the road to find my dreams someday.And it will!

Thank You,I hope this can help you!
    Regards,
    Cristian

16. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would really like to get back with my partner but I am just too scared that this might happen again. I know that this is unfair with my partner but getting dragged into this kind of situation really affects me and now I have to face this all by myself. I am beginning to regret losing my partner for my strength to be strong has gone. This is my first time to encounter such problems like this and it really does bother me. From what I remember is that the 2 people waited a month to hit me with another attack and this is what I am thinking that they are just silent for now and some time will hit me again with something that would really piss me.. I really hope that this would really be over and I thank you for giving me advices and it really helps that all of you gives me strength regardless of the things that I lost.

That is exactly what I have in mind right before I wrote this thread but it now enlightens me that doing things against them would be something that I might regret and it will turned out that I am more likely to be just like them.. Now I would just live it for karma to get them and that would be 10 times more harder if it hit them.. I believe that what goes around comes around and now the only problem I got is losing the one I love because of this situation and how will I gain all the things that I lost..

#16 RestOwner, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You should work very hard at ensuring that fear of what might happen, doesn't stop you from doing or getting something you want. Life is short and you don't want to live with regret. This relationship is obviously very important to you and you should not let these malignant people interfere with it. Explain the situation to the other person and let them decide if they want to be with you or not.

Is that something that you could do?

18. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

instead of taking revenge, i prefer to spend my time and energy to do better on myself or saying building my reputation. People will knows= the truth after some time if you keep doing good. Few people will not able to break your reputation while you are showing that you are good to thousands people.

19. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My partner's willing to wait for me and understand the situation.. I just have a feeling of guilt deep inside me that I have to give up my partner just because of this and it is too unfair for that person. You are right, life is too short and I don't want one day to regret what I have done, I should have never let this fight pull me down. I am going to talk to my partner now and see how it will turn out.. good luck to me :) thanks

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it all RestOwner, I really hope everything works out for you.