Reveiw AdminForums

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by D, Apr 14, 2011.

1. D

D
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi im looking for some feedback on my forum http://www.adminforums.org , it has been open since the 21st of october 2010 and we have 28,350 posts and we are on xenforo :)

any suggestions on improvements will be very much appritiated :)

thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One of our Moderators suggested that very domain for a webmaster forum, back in 2009 :)

The forum looks great, well done, I've joined and made a few posts. The only suggestions I would make are as follows;

1. Give more emphasis to the .org part of your domain in your site's logo. People who find your site through a link or a search engine may not remember that it's a dot org domain and may have difficulty finding it, if they decide to make a return visit.
    2. The site appears to be running a little slow at the moment, perhaps it's a temporary spike or maybe you need to upgrade your hosting.
    3. A custom favicon would make your site appear that little bit more professional.
    Overall it looks great, good luck with it!

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally don't like the .org extension for this type of website, but it works.
    For a forum that isn't even a year old it growing very nicely. Great advertising efforts on your part.
    As far as the design goes, I wouldn't change a thing. It looks great.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't seem to get on the site to review it. Any problems surfaced?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan the site is opening fine for me at the moment. Maybe there was a temporary glitch.

6. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The website looks very nice, i like the nice vibrant colours, it's very welcoming.

Only thing i don't really think looks right is the featured forum owners and the comunity advertisment area. Unsure what i think would make it better, it's just something about the placement. Centering to content in them may even do it. Just a thought though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finally got the site working. Basically, I'm impressed on the awesome work done on this site, the logo, color scheme, everything seems to perfectly match each other. The ads blend just fine on the template.

I just find the "Log-in/Sign-up" link on the upper right side seems to be unnoticeable. Well, I don't think most of the visitors won't find a problem on that since there's already a big "Sign Up" graphic on the right side.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like adminforums they are a great bunch on there and will help you out if they can, with lots of people who know what they are doing they can sort most things out for any forum,

Well done guys :)

Brett

• Like Like x 1