Resumes for the Digital Age

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by MattConoll, Jun 8, 2010.

1. MattConoll

MattConoll
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys! I've just read this (Resumes for the Digital Age) and I guess this is something new for me. Need your reactions on this please. Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The idea of writing your resume so that it can be read and interpreted by a computer programme, is a new one on me. Times and technology change and job-seekers can increase their chances of getting a job by changing with them.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have always tailored my resume to fit best with what they're looking for. If it was a customer service job, I emphasized my experience in that field more than I did my administration experience for example. I'd go through their ad point by point and make sure I'd addressed everything they had asked for.

I used to think everyone did that but judging by applications I've had to sift through myself, some people think the word "Wanted: " and that they're looking is enough to qualify them. If I was in HR I'd jump at software that did that. Good to know!

4. Adam_Ly1983

Adam_Ly1983
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is something very new really. I'm even wondering how big is the volume of the applicants if a company would be screening resumes in this way. On the part of job-seekers, they must be smarter enough to understand how to apply the probable keywords for them to be hired.

5. malkyb

malkyb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work for a client who deals primiarly in recruitment. They were telling me recently they get hundreds of email applications every day. Their advice was try to make your application stand out in some way as if you are one of hundreds the chances are you are going to get sifted. I hope this helps.

6. bassamy

bassamy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creative Technology to enter our lives in everything, even in writing CV

7. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Times have changed since I went looking for my first job there were no cvs or resumes, you just went in person and if you were able to convince the employer that you were the one you got the job.
    But even how much things change, some are still the same, you still need to convince the employer you are the right one.