reseller hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by divyun, Apr 5, 2008.

1. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey guys i was just surfing internet when i found reseller hosting. i think this a great way to earn commissions. and start an online business. if anybody has tried, i want an opinion.

2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Their is a company I looked at a while ago that you signed up and were a reseller for. They did not look promising.

Best thing to do, as I see it, is sign up for being an affiliate of a company like hostgator. Or sign up as an affiliate of several and start a web host review site and drive it to #1 in the SERPs.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Pendelton, there are some excellent hosting affiliate schemes out there, such as HostGator. They pay up to $125 for every customer that signs up through your link.

As a reseller you would need to provide technical support to your clients. Before becoming a reseller you should ask yourself if you have the skills, knowledge and time to provide this support.

4. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, there are reseller packages where you just promote on custom prices the packaged of the host-company and they give the support to the customers.
    If you would like to get more serious though, go with a dedicated server.

5. Maegna

Maegna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my experience i got the Reseller hosting here go resellerdotcom , with the help of that i got the hosting services at cheap cost & gained nice solution & got more profit in it ...

6. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main thing is to not quit if you do go ahead and create a hosting business. You may not get any customers in your first few months of operation but if you keep pushing and advertising, then you will get some clients.

7. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@divyun
    The main idea behind reseller hosting is to providing hosting service for the web development company's who need to provide hosting for there clients . Using reseller hosting package to start providing hosting service for general crowd is not a good idea , i know few hosting company's who started there business with the help of this kind of reseller plan but very soon they moved to dedicated servers or there own data center . If you are planing to start providing web hosting service by buying reseller hosting is not a good idea

8. John Dale

John Dale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

VPS is much the same level with dedicated server, so you can create reseller accounts. However, if you are not familiar with VPS/server, you should be careful when choosing a VPS.

9. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do reseller hosting on a flat price, not on a commission-basis. In other words if they charge you $25/month to sell as much hosting as you want and you get to keep all the revenue except for the $25 payment, this is a good deal. If they say they will give you 30% of all recurring fees this is paultry.

10. DublinFrench

DublinFrench
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how do you do for domain names? Did you find a nice reseller?

11. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I don't but you should be able to find an agreement for a couple dollars per domain.

12. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with the fergal post.Try from the hostgator or dreamhost.Their are many hosting companies paying commisions for refering someone.This days reseller plans are not a worth at all.
    And if you are running some website designing then i can surely suggest to you get reseller or vps because you will get more clients from local area

13. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest you to start reseller hosting with vpswebserver.com

14. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

a reseller you would require to supply mechanical support to your clients. Before evolving a reseller you should inquire yourself if you have the abilities, information and time to supply this support.

15. B2Bexpert

B2Bexpert
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I agree with Pendelton, there are some excellent hosting affiliate schemes out there,

thanks

----------
    global trade

16. TisdaleJohn

TisdaleJohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It has good results and high volume searches on the search engines because many of the business started to make their online presence

17. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To create a successful hosting company, I suggest that you do not get a reseller. Instead you should think of getting a VPS.

18. indiagiftportal

indiagiftportal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

search many of the site that provide you cheap and low cost .

19. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For reseller hosting business one need to give full time efforts but he himself can decide his profit margin, and you can work as a web hosting affiliate as a part time where you will receive a fixed commission on the amount of web hosting package get converted because of you.

20. mikewashtm

mikewashtm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Resellet hosting can be quite a risk. You need to start small here and monitor everything. I think only 10% of people get successful on this scope. [​IMG]