requirements to set up online shopping ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by ranker01203, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ranker01203

ranker01203
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what all the requirements to set up online shopping website, please elaborate as we are the newbie to this.

2. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not expert in this but I think you need the following for setting up an online shopping website:
    *Domain or name of your online shopping website.
    *Hosting account to host your website.
    *Template of shopping website which you can find in easy installer (in your hosting account) or you can hire somebody who knows coding.
    *Payment gateways : You need to set up Paypal account/ bank accounts with your website.

Finally you need items to sell, all of the above points differs on what you are selling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More over, you would need more research on Marketing Strategies... I have seen lot of online shopping that failed because of this..

And very important thing, that about payment gateway acceptance policies. Because if you sell the violated products they may ban your website details for future...

So please make sure you sell non-violating products.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. MarketingRoom

MarketingRoom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All in all I am just saying, there are ways to get an ecommerce store going with less effort/expense...

5. rajaroy

rajaroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

With all that it is not less expensive/effort. If you go with less expensive/effort you will not get good ecommerce store.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently have set up an online store and although I'm not done with it, I like using the prestashop CMS. Alot of people actually recommend me using wordpress but when I ask a question on an e-commerce community they replied use a CMS that is intended for online shopping and NOT for blogs.

So i ssume you already know how to set up a domain and hosting so all you need is a shopping cart CMS to sell online. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great thought ranker, you have taken one of the best decisions of your life. Here is a quick guide to setting up an online store:-

1- Choose a perfect domain name for your business which is unique and easy to pronounce.
    2- Get a nice and user friendly design for your web store.
    3- Tie up with vendors and offer them commissions for selling their products online.
    4- Tie up with courier services for bulk order discounts.
    4- Get a payment gateway like Gettrx,Paypal,CCavenue etc.
    5- Promote your store via seo or adwords.
    6- Give free coupons to new members who register on your site.
    7- Constantly update your site and add new products.
    8- Take the help of social media sites in promoting your products.

Hope this gives you some insight on how to set up and run your online store.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that first of all you need to decide which web application will you be using. Then start the search for the web hosting solutions.