Relocating to UAE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Tim Paine, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Tim Paine

Tim Paine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I am an entrepreneur wishing to relocate to the Middle East since my wife is Arabic by origin.
    The problem is, most governmental institutions require their interpreters to hold the citizenship of one of their member-countries. This means, unless I am an Egyptian, or Iraqi, or Saudi, etc., citizen, I cannot work for local institutions, which would rule out any possibility of having a career in the region.

Would anyone know of an Arab country where citizenship can be acquired ? I have found this company that is offering assistance in acquiring the residency of UAE -
    https://www.passport-by-investment.com/residence-programs/uae-residence. But this seems to be pretty expensive path to go ...
    Thanks for your help !

2. warmcomplicated

warmcomplicated
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From which country are you, Tim? I regularly travel to UAE but I haven't heard yet about acquiring citizenship. You can be a resident of UAE but not a citizen as far as I know. What I know is that when your spouse is a local of the country, you can get your resident visa. It also applies to those expats who are working here. Not really sure about the citizenship thing. Let me ask some of my friends too.