Release from future liability

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by duki, Sep 17, 2010.

1. duki

duki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone,

We recently started offering security system installations as a service. I'm looking for a form that will, upon acceptance of project completion, release my company from any future liability (e.g., They get robbed and claim the camera didn't perform well enough, wasn't pointed in the correct position, or wasn't functioning). Anyone know where I can look for this? I've tried searching Google but haven't found the right form yet.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

duki do you currently have your customers sign a contract or agreement with you, before you start the installation? If you do, you should include the term in that. If you don't, it might be worth getting professional legal advice on it, so that you can have all your customers sign an agreement that covers you for future liability and other potential issues, such as a retention of title clause.

3. duki

duki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, they do currently sign a scope of work agreement - I do not have any liability releasing terms in there though as we typically are just running cables or installing servers. I should search google for "retention of title clause" maybe?