Relationships and Poor Communication

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by CommunicateWell, Sep 15, 2009.

1. CommunicateWell

CommunicateWell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Communication is an art and science at the same time but it isn't difficult to learn how to communicate well. To communicate well means to be able to tell your feelings and thoughts as they are. Only words are not enough to communicate what is in our mind and heart. When somebody has the ability to unite his words and his body language well, he will succeed in communicating what he really feel and think. In this case People will find themselves attracted to listen to this person. Relationships start from this point.

Good relationships are based upon good communication. Mutual understanding creates these relationships and they become stronger as the understanding increases. Once both partners understand the hidden signs and the precise meaning of what is being said or done (e.g. keeping quiet) they will develop a healthy relationship. We usually feel good towards anyone who understands us. On the other hand we feel irritated when we communicate something and it is misunderstood. Here lies the relation between bad communication and relationships.

The excitement of partnership and the euphoric love in the beginning may make the relationship cross the threshold despite of poor communication. But as time goes the need for good communication increases to grow the relationship and feed the love. Otherwise love will thin down and cracks will begin.

But what to do if you have a problem of bad communication with your partner?
    The best thing is to ask for clarifications saying: "Darling, I don't get what you want to communicate, what do you mean? Could you explain more, please? " Be sincere in your request You should have the real intent to improve your relationship. Slowly the communication will develop.

Good communication is very important to guarantee mutual understanding and thus good relationships.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!!

Yeah truly said...the foundation of great relationship or transition from "just a relationship" to "something more valuable" lies in the ability to develop a bind through communication...a group of friends often develops some sort of communication or more preferable to say here their own language which is peculiar to that group and it is this communicating in this language that lays foundation of a great relationship...:)

3. Radiance27

Radiance27
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello! I believe and agree on the thread. Communication is vital in a relationship. Relationship means to relate and to relate, you have to share thoughts, feelings through communication.

4. mr.bluee

mr.bluee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi

We communicate to express our feelings and our thoughts. Relationships thrive on good communication. When both the partners know exactly what is in the others mind, a relationship proceeds smoothly. People feel good if some body understands them. They get irritated if somebody does not understand them. Many relationships develop despite of poor communication. It can also affect your performance at work, your self-confidence and your physical health. So we should be very keen in developing our communication skills..

5. CommunicateWell

CommunicateWell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mutual understanding is the basic element that moves any relationship forward. Mutual understanding makes the relationship grow otherwise it will be boring and soon it will die.

6. moutryus

moutryus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take that, you sweet thing!

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum moutryus. I'm really not sure what you mean by your post, care to explain?

8. skyfire

skyfire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen english as non-native language can bring misunderstanding sometimes. You've to pay attention on what you write in business email and deals.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Communication is very important but not suggest to use "darling" and "i dont get what you want to communicate" sound not friendly. It is fine to just use "I cant really get the point, Could you please explain more "

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I suppose it depends on the person and perhaps their culture. Personally I like being called "darling" or anything else endearing, as long as it's sincere.

11. dipcliper

dipcliper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yup well said poor communication and relationship actually don't work together..you will just end up with a fight:)