Relationship problems

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by lotn7, Sep 25, 2013.

1. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I need some help from you guys!

How do you deal with relationship problem in a home.

Of late I have been solving relationship problems in some homes where partners/couples were not communicating in home as a result of financial mismanagement.
    They have been for counseling but "things" are getting worse

What advice can you offer to these couples?

Waiting for your response!

2. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of problem(s) in home? Financial mismanagement?

If yes, just re-correct from the wrong to right.

Or you mean the lack of money for spending in a family because they have manage in wrong way. First, they have to find out the way to get some amount of money to cover and support their daily living.

When they don't suffer for make a living. Then, come back to solve other problem(s).

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe they should date once again. They should erase the distance between them. They will surely need some time to know more about each other. If they are meant to be for each other, they will be or they will apart.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have my blog related to this relationship problems, please tell them to visit this blog. They will get their solutions over there surely.
    anushapages.blogspot.in/

5. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Michael,
    I think there is more than financial issues that they may have not revealed. Thanks for the contribution. You have given a clue.

6. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Anushajain
    Thanks for the resource,will direct them to your blog its up to them to take action.

7. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Devilbatista,
    How do they start dating, do they need someone to guide and take them through or can do it themselves ? Remember that there is poor communication... I appreciate your contribution.

8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

lotn7, I don't think they will go on date on your recommendation. As you are counseling them, you can probably ask their friends or you can make some effort to do that. You have to get up and arrange things so they begin to like each other.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OBH-Peter

OBH-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do both sides work? What kind of mismanagement do you mean?

10. tekedunom

tekedunom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is true friends , financial problem is very bad for couple and home but if you finding solution of this problem so you will conveyancing talk with your couple when you depress by this problem

11. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think they have to talk about that otherwise it will lead to greater problems.

12. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes we deal with these problems nearly weekly where there is no trust in the home. Most of them have different bank accounts and in some cases a partner does not know his or her partner' salary. So they do not make an agreed budget. Each one accuses the other and so forth.

In most cases, both work but each one has his or her own bank account and do not make a budget together, no trust!

13. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, this problem is not only yours but of everyone else. Even I have suffered. In this competitive world we have no time to think of ourselves and our family. We keep on thinking about work and other things. Soon our sub-conscious mind also forgets the same and is trained to think what we actually think all the time. Let's do one thing. Take a pen and paper write all the good things that we like about our family members. I am sure you will find some points ;) Hey just say thanks to your family members for everything that they do. always feel thankful (don't do it as a duty but with true heart). If you praise someone, you will get more and more chance to praise her or him as you are attracting it in your life (Law of attraction). Always feel happy. I know it is bit difficult but you can do it. Listen a song u love, do what u always wanted, just be happy and feel happy. think you have got everything and behave as if you are actually living it. Your family is the wonderful gift that god has bestowed to you. Love them and be thankful of them. I am sure your relationship will surely be the best relationship on the earth. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sir i think the main problem between these types of couples is not the financial problem its the problem of trust on their partners, and i think if they solve this problem of trust then they both will help each other in sorting out their problems and in the i would say that without trust relationships are not long life.

15. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really, the financial problem will put so much stress on the relationship that this should be solved first. There must be enough income. This is the problem. How to get enough income.

After there is enough income, then one or both may be spending inappropriately and that could have other reasons than money.

It is my belief that "communication" is often not the problem. For example I can communicate very, very clearly and also my husband communicates (good enough) but we do not agree. The counselor must zero in on who is at fault and fix that person. By saying both are at fault is avoiding this issue. One is most at fault and the other is stuck with it.

If trust is the problem then who was first to break the trust and that person must be fixed. Go back to the very beginning and when did problems start.

As a counselor, if you have had training, you probably have been taught that you should not intervene by deciding who is wrong. That you should only show them how they can decide. This is why marriage counseling doesn't work. I suggest you read book by M. Gary Neuman who has figured this out. I don't know about everything else he advocates but he has part of it right.

When I say you must fix someone, of course I know that is not the professional way to say it, but you get the idea.

Wow. This became so long that I should have made a blog post out of it. I hope it helps you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Relationship needs cooperation or understanding from both the partners and i think if both of them understand each other then financial problem doesn't effect their relationship to a great extent.

17. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all if there was a problem in communication amongst the 2, then why did they get married?
    Secondly they need to see a person who can help them handle their finances, not a therapist. Therapy makes you believe that something is wrong with you. If it is only Financial problems then they need to manage their finances, or ask someone to help them with their finances.
    And if there is still some other problem, then there is definitely something something else wrong. Maybe they aren't able to make each other happy, in personal matters, and they are hesitating to express that problem because they might be ashamed of telling it to you

18. JackT333

JackT333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Anusha Jain ,

nice blog. keep posting