Registering a Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by JDobbsy1987, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JDobbsy1987

JDobbsy1987
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for a place to ask questions and this looks like an awesome forum so here it goes...
    I am looking to start my own business but i have no experience in this so any help will be much appreciated.

The Business will be in England.

The basics of the business will be importing products from overseas and selling them in the UK primarily but will also send to any country within the European Union. The business will comprise of 2 people (me and my partner).

I would like the business to be registered to keep everything legal but want to also keep it as simple as possible (basically i don't want to be spending most of my time filling out loads of legal and financial stuff all month :))

I really need advise on:

1. What do i register as?
      • A Limited Company
      • A Sole Trader
      • A Partnership
    2. Who and What do i need to inform of the business?

I may be way off with my expectations but i was hoping to register the business and then just file my tax returns and finances annually... can be as simple as this?

Regards,
    Jamie

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daisy232

Daisy232
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Intuitive people tend to be able to plunge right into a problem, gathering information and facts on the run while also listening for that inner voice that speaks truth. People looking in from the outside might interpret these actions as impulsive.

Thanks,