Regarding Meta Tag

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Aug 16, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can any one tell me which one meta tag is better:

The White Horse|Surry Hills Bar|Surry Hills Pub - whitehorsesurryhills

OR

Cpc training course, hgv cpc training for the operator’s license by cpc4you.co.uk

2. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First one tag looks like keyword stuffing and if talk regarding another then it is quite good but not the best. Hence you should rewrite it with natural and meaningful words.

Can you tell me for which you want these meta tag means for your webpage’s title, forum signature or for any other source so I can help you more in this matter?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not sure how you could compare those two tags, they are for completely different types of content. Can I assume that you are not considering those two tags for the same web page?

4. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

webpage’s title

webpage’s title

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Yes you are right these are two diferent webpage's. I m just simply putting as an example.

5. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you please write two different titles for similar page so that we can give our advice, which title form is better.

6. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then avoid both examples which you have shown here and in place of it rewrite title for the website as I told you in earlier reply. This time start your title within prominent keyword as per your website and based on keyword analysis. It is good to put your brand name/website name at the end of the title because it helps to aware people regarding brand. As well as avoid to use “|” pipe sign more than once in the title. You can also use this “-“ hyphen sign inplace of “|” pipe sign.

For example,
    Computer and Internet Security Software Provider – brandname.com

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm wondering why you are asking for Title tags for two different URLs, one of which has just been registered. I saw a few other tags on the first site that should be changed, and a few questions about the content, but I need one question answered first. Are you the owner of these two URLs, or are you an SEO provider who wants us to do your work for you?
    For the two tags above, I would eliminate the "whitehorsesurreyhills" at the end. For the rest, remember the Title Tags must be related to the content on the page. For the second, I would shorten it to simply "cpc traning course".

8. xcubex

xcubex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get the keywords to match the page content always first rule. And as "joeroxx" Says, shorten the training course keyword.