Regarding Google ranking dropped due to HTTPS

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kpkarthik, Aug 11, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On 7 aug 2014 Google announced that making HTTPS/SSL to the website Will give you a better ranking on Google Search Engine.But after that many SEO people Switched their website to HTTPS & those people lost their Google Rankings to drop down.Why it was happened?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Like any other ranking factor, if you change one thing because you think it will magically raise your rankings, it's not going to work. If you don't pay attention to all the ranking factors, changing one thing isn't going to help.
    Also, there's more involved than simply adding a letter to the URL. You have to make sure it is done properly so Google can find the website in it's new location.

3. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It a good opportunity for Google to identify the over-SEO'd sites... They monitor who changed immediately and then analyse those sites: both content and backlinks.

Personally I would not really trust in these info breadcrumbs; on the other hand if a site "need" the https (so have reasons for implementing that) it should not hurt as much in their cases.
    Additionally I do not really see the advantage of the secure connection while browsing an average site. Shops, payment processes, etc. is OK; but as a new standard I do not know...