Redirect the website and want to know about backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kpkarthik, Nov 17, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to redirect my old website to my new website domain.My existing website having the certain amount of backlinks.If i redirect that website to my new website,that existing website's backlinks will be add to my new website or not?

2. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It does not exactly work like that. To be precise, while your old domain's backlink will still be associated with it, the link juice will be redirected to new domain. It's almost the same thing as your new domain having those backlinks, but you cannot say that your old backlinks will be added to your new domain. In short words, if you are redirecting old domain to new one, then everything is fine. Don't worry.

3. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget you need to redirect every page of your old site - not just the homepage

4. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is important to make sure few things before doing this such as should do a proper 301-permanent redirection old to new domain. And make sure old website is not penalize or have low quality, spam links that can harm the website after redirection.

5. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you do it properly according to Google's webmaster suggestion, then all the properties that your existing website has will be redirected to the brand new website in 3 to six month. All the backlinks will also redirect to new pages. However, you have to apply one to one redirect from existing pages to new pages.

6. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

It does not exactly work like that. To be precise, while your old domain's backlink will still be associated with it, the link juice will be redirected to new domain. It's almost the same thing as your new domain having those backlinks, but you cannot say that your old backlinks will be added to your new domain. In short words, if you are redirecting old domain to new one, then everything is fine. Don't worry