Recover from Google Penalty?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by w3web, Mar 28, 2016.

1. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has recently updated its algorithms penguin and panda, may i know how to recover from these two types of penalties once Google hit the website by its penalty algorithms?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

All you have to do is disavow all the backlinks you have created. Looking at your recent posts, you have been building links the wrong way which is probably why you got penalised

3. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reason of getting Google panda penalty is because of using low quality content and rather focusing on more advertising. And the reason of penguin penalty is because of using more links. So this makes your site as a low content site keeping away from the top rankings. Whenever the panda algorithm gets update, Google aims to have a new look into the website and if determines low quality site, then makes panda penalty. So if your site is affected by panda penalty, then the reason may be of putting duplicate content, thin content and low quality content.

To recover from Panda penalty-use quality content and avoid duplicate/thin content

To recover from Penguin penalty- Identify the unnatural links in your websites and remove them. Avoid too much link building and keyword stuffing. Do not follow black-hat SEO.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

A website owner cannot just "disavow all the backlinks (they) have created". The Disavow Tool is not a way to tell Google "I screwed up, but you invented the rules so you have to fix it". That's not going to happen. For links from other websites, created by the website owner, you have to do everything you can to get the website owner to remove the links, and document what you did. If you created the links, you have two choices - remove them yourself(which you can do here by simply editing your signature), or lessen the impact by creating new links that follow Google's guidelines, or getting others to create them for you(again making sure that you follow Google's guidelines).

Newbee is right. Your content has to be original, high-quality, informative, and hold the reader's attention. You have to give them what they are looking for in a way that makes them decide to stay on your website, perhaps even return later if they like what they see. For Penguin, newbee basically said the same thing I did - remove the bad links, and build good ones the right way.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Which is what I meant. I just used the wrong words in my haste to post.

But I suspect w3web won't really be interested in doing this.

6. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes it is a better option to move to a new domain and work on it avoiding those things which cause you such situation. You may also try moving your website to a new domain and hopefully things go well for you.