Reconsideration or redirection

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by asad, Apr 2, 2012.

1. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As of my discussions for website is down is search here

http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php/33463-website-is-down-in-search

And the other one for link cloaking

http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php/33571-What-is-Link-Cloacking

Still i am investigating more to check the reasons why my site is down in search.

I have resolved cloaking with php header(Location:url)

There are almost 200 pages which are down in search. Now there are two ways to me

Apply for reconsideration or the other one is just create new url for all stores with canonical meta tags and apply the redirection of stores to the new url.

Which one is better, i donot want short term solution but for long term. And if i apply for reconsideration, normally how much time required for google to release pages and they start coming in search.

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well consider this first, are your product pages user-friendly? Maybe making the page more user friendly and adding more color to your page which really highlights your products will help you gather your visitors and eventually go up the SERPs. Second, is your website's code clean and readable? Check if your coding are appropriate and Search Engine-friendly. Third, are you targeting the right keywords? Check your competitors and run a competitor research. Check whether they are having a new campaign or contest and monitor their keywords and apply it on your own website.

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you tend to reconsider, it means that you are going to re-optimize your page. Both actually will end up on long term processes. When you redirect it, you have to make sure that you redirect it to the appropriate page.