Reciprocal link

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by telxcomputers, Jan 19, 2011.

1. telxcomputers

telxcomputers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what is Reciprocal links, still it is effective to increase the ranking.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well when you try to submit your link on the other site it also asks for the reciprocal link which means it is asking you to do the link exchange and you should give the link of the page where you have given this sites link

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Reciprocal links, or link exchanges, may bring more traffic to your site if people visiting the other site(s) click on your link, but are not an effective way of raising the ranking of your site on the major search engines.

5. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I consider myself pretty up-to-date when it comes to SEO. I see questions about reciprocal links on forums all the time, and have the same answer... (sorry if I've posted the same answer in this forum before). Reciprocal linking DOES NOT work for SEO, at least on Google. Google caught onto this a year or two ago, and they simply cancel out reciprocal links between sites of similar Page rank. There are two corollaries to this: 1. If the NY Times links to you and you link back, you still get SEO value because NY Times has much higher Page rank. 2. To my knowledge, 3-way reciprocal links are still a good idea... e.g. Site A links to Site B, Site B links to Site C, and Site C links to Site A.

6. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you sure that reciprocal links are not good for seo????please let me know some more info on this topic..thanx..

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchange main use is to get traffic to your site from another site.
    I only exchange links to sites that have high traffic or if I know the owner and we have the same niche.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May be Google does not give any importance to reciprocal links but they can be a very good source of traffic if you exchange links with the high traffic website which are relevant to you

10. bulkybo

bulkybo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reciprocal links can help to promote your website, also link popularity is probably in the top 3 of the most important parts of achieving a top search engine ranking. Search engines such as Google are built around the concept of link popularity to determine their search results.

11. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry I was trying to say that the directory submissions are not so helpful now to rank your website in SERP