Recently Started a YouTube + Blog duo - need advertising advice!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by sandboxtiger, Aug 18, 2011.

1. sandboxtiger

sandboxtiger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone!

In the past 4 weeks, I've started a YouTube Channel and Blog where I feature World of Warcraft-related Videos and associated Blog Posts to add clarification to those videos. Simply for examples sake, here is a link to The Blog and The YouTube Channel just so you have some context as to what I'm producing.

Over the past 4 weeks, I've managed to get almost 15,000 hits across all the YouTube videos and around 4,500 on the Blog. While it's not bad for not even a month deep, I need some advice as to how I should advertise.

I know I've heard good things about Google AdWords, but I'm not very familiar with how that works or how effective they can be. I'm also not sure what other options may be available. I've made attempts at looking into advertising on many of the World of Warcraft-related Websites, but most have a Terms of Service agreement which prevents such advertising. I'm looking for legitimate ways to target World of Warcraft players and advertise my content towards them.

Anyone have any ideas?

(Oh, and the Website is still in the "hypothetical" phase at the moment. I've still got a few hurdles to cross before it goes live, but it would work in conjunction with both the Blog and the YouTube Channel - not replace either of them.)

As always, feedback of any kind is greatly appreciated!

-=Edit=-

One other thing I could use some advice for (well, 2 things) is in regards to my video "tag"s and search optimization. It's one thing I'm not very familiar with and I feel like I could really increase my viewership if I could optimize my tags so they will be shown first when searched for. I've found several websites which allow advertising and have active threads showcasing several of my videos (For an example, click here), but, when I look at the insight for my videos, it seems the majority of my videos are being found via clicking a link / typing it into the URL - meaning that there are very few who are finding it simply by searching for it on YouTube. I know there is an audience because there are several very successful people who do something similar to me, so it's not a lack of audience. For whatever reason, I'm just not getting a lot of hits via the YouTube Search function.

If anyone had any advice on that, it's also greatly appreciated!

#1 sandboxtiger, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Sam Greene

Sam Greene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there, why don't you look for websites or blogs that sell World of Warcraft games? Or online video games? Contact the owner directly and see if they'd be interested... Blogs are a good way to start.

As for your other question: when you place anchor links, instead of using "click here". Use variations of keywords that are specific to your site... Like "strategies on world of warcraft" "techniques world of warcraft".. Make a variation of your keywords and don't just use "world of warcraft" all the time.... Hope this helps...

3. cigar

cigar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the are so beautiful and cheap.

4. sandboxtiger

sandboxtiger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks! I'm actually about to do some edits to my blog / video descriptions to omit the frequent "Click Here" links and replace them with keywords which may lead users to my content.

Again, great suggestion - appreciate it!