Recently lost everything.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fromscratch78, Jun 9, 2011.

1. fromscratch78

fromscratch78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,
    Like the look of the forum,
    hopefully I get a warm welcome and can contribute to discussions

Ive been in business my entire working life and never had a real job. On the 25th of May 2011 (not long ago) I lost everything overnight.
    Im 32 and will be starting from scratch with all my savings ($5kUS). Quite a paltry sum I know.

3 weeks ago i was running a fruit and veg business in Sydney Australia from online, living the 4 hour work week, travelling the world having fun.
    Ive been operating the business for 11 years age 21 to 32.

Im joining today for a couple of reasons:

1. I like talking shop and offering advice (well now I think ill be looking for advice:))

2. Id like a place to post my updates and get feedback and advice from the community on how to rebuild. 5k has to cover living expenses too.

I made my first video entry last night documenting the journey.
    If anyone takes offence to me posting the youtube link in this forum please say so.
    Ive also posted this in other forums I hope that doesnt offend anyone but I am looking to get involved and join discussions wherever they come from.

So thats the story, ill post my first journal entry soon if everybody is cool with that.

Thanks for reading, its time to go back to work.

Mitch

2. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi Mitch and welcome to Business Advice Forum. That's a distressing story and I'd like to know how you lost "everything" overnight and what lead upto it. Please do post your YouTube videos when you get the chance to do so, that's fine.

Also we have many members here ready and willing to give you the advice you need so don't be afraid to ask... When you ask, that's when you get. :)

3. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Mitch, got the T-shirt. I was a millionaire by the age of 36 and by the age of 38 had zero. At the age of 47 i've got less than zero...:D
    So don't come here toting your sorry arse stories :D

Nah, I guess what I mean is I know about rags to riches to rags... Just don't let it eat you up too much.

Thing you gotta remember is you already achieved so much. So rather than thinking that everything you did was a failure, you should be thinking that what just happened to you at 32 is a temporary blip and an opportunity to start something new. Nothing wrong with new challenges and 32 is still just a young puppy.

Good luck mate
    Stephen

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi fromscratch78, welcome to our business forum, good to meet you here. We've had huge recessionary problems here in Ireland over the last few years and I've accumulated lots of negative equity as a result of the collapse in property prices here, so I know how it feels.

As Grumpy and Stephen already said we'd be delighted to give advice and feedback in any way we can to support you.

5. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Mitch welcome most in the forum.Good luck

6. Ava OuYang

Ava OuYang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to hear that. You are really srong. I am sure your new bussiness will success soon. Use facebook, twitter, Yahoo answer to promote your new business. It is free.

7. jacobbroad

jacobbroad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry to hear that but wait little more mate.............