Recently I do not like to communicate with others

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by apexis, Nov 23, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I do not like to communicate with others and do not want to join activities. I would rather stay with myself and do things by myself. It is normal? Thanks

2. sarahfriedlander

sarahfriedlander
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its always very important to know when you are going through an extroverted or introverted phase. I always try to have set activities that I need to attend that force me to go out and be social (even when I'm not feeling this way). For me this forces me to go out and interact with people, even when I don't want to or are going through a bad time in life. I find by having these activities it allows me to have continuous friendships and people to confide in.

I think what you are going through is completely normal, just relax and breath. Find a few activities and force yourself to participate and see how that goes.

--
    Sarah Friedlander
    gobee.com.au
    Your Source of Practical & High-Quality Business Education for Entrepreneurs & Small Business Owners

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a very solitary person, but I can also be very social. The real question you should be asking is not if you are normal, but if you are happy. If being alone and non-social makes you happy, then who cares what other people would think. If you are unhappy with being anti-social and you are feeling like you should not talk to people, just force your self in to some activities like Sarah has already mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  4. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Shahrier makes a great point. If you're happy, keep doing what you're doing. If you're not happy, suck it up and try something new. Maybe try spending time with different people or trying different activities, if what you were doing previously no longer appeals to you.

5. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's part of your personality, then it's quite normal. However, if you look at the general point of view, you should be with others for some time in order to build social relationship with others.

There are lots of benefits of having friends.

6. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You see...this is an important step to know yourself and grab your attention inside of you. For each result there is a cause. Find out what has happened to you in the recent past or what you have accumulated in time to start feeling this way.

If you feel comfortable staying with yourself to so and act upon. If you feel better doing this continue, if not, cut off, change your situation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is always a reason when people do have a big change, the change can be good or bad.
    I found that normally this happen because the people get addicted on something that change them to become less active.

8. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe you don't like to communicate at all. There are different types of personalities. Maybe we are the same or vice versa.

I am a man, me too, I don't wan to communicate--in person. I'm a shy-type and only talks by chatting online, commenting like here, but if you have plans to meet me in person. I warn you that you will get bored. I don't talk too much. not a word either. I like to communicate better by typing my words trough typing in phones and computers. I'm a cyber person. I know it's kinda negative, but that's me. I know this personality is normal just like yours.

[I'm a loner, an EMO] just breaking the ice :)