Real Reasons To Quit Smoking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by shoppharmarxx, Oct 30, 2014.

1. shoppharmarxx

shoppharmarxx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many reasons to quit smoking. The most obvious one is that it is bad for your health. However, sometimes this seems to be too generic a warning for most of us. Here I give specific reasons which may be enough to make at least someone decide to finally quit smoking. Pay attention. Because you really shouldn’t need any more reasons to want to quit smoking and you know it.

If your only reason not to quit is because you can’t, you should consider trying one of the many proven therapies available today. From lasers to acupuncture, they really do work and make it a lot easier to quit. They give you a fighting chance to actually stop smoking. There are many reasons to try them, read about them below if you need any reminding.

Traditional Cigarettes Affect The Way You Look

Most people are vain. At least a little. If you are at least a little concerned about this, this is for you: smoking makes your skin dry and yellow-ish. It stains your teeth and hands. It makes you stink. Believe me, these factors weigh much more against you than whatever your perceived impression that smoking makes you look cool does for you.

The effects of smoking on your skin are quite serious. Cigarettes contain many toxins and carcinogens which may reduce blood circulation in the outer layers of the skin. This reduces the amount of vitamins and minerals which are responsible for keeping your skin looking great. Smoking also robs your body of vitamin C and exposes it to carbon monoxide, which is absorbed through the skin by your body. Bottom line, if you want to maintain healthy and young looking skin, you must stop smoking.

Smoking Really Adds Up

Have you ever worked out how much you spend on cigarettes? A pack a day is over $300 bucks a month and can be as much as $450 a month in some cities like New York. That’s quite a lot of money for something that’s not even that good and is so harmful to your health. That’s more than $5000 a year! On cigarettes? It doesn’t make any sense, especially in this economy. Saving five thousand dollars a year can really add up and provide for a very healthy retirement. It is a lot of money. Think about it.

You Care About Your Health

Chances are you do, especially as you start to grow older. You may have kids, relationships, you become more vulnerable than when you were 20. The health risks associated with smoking are numerous. Smoking can be responsible for you being very sick in the future. If you quit smoking, you will greatly reduce your chances of suffering from a heart attack or stroke, as well as lung cancer or other related diseases.

Besides being something that may get you sick in the future, it also affects your quality of health right now. Smoking causes you to cough in the morning. It also affects tour immune system, so you get sick more frequently. Smoking also causes you to have much less energy to enjoy your life. It makes you tired and makes you lose your breath just by walking. It makes you old.

Smoking Is Not Good For Your Professional Life.

Some major employers, such as Dell, have completely banned smoking from their premises. You basically can’t work here if you are a heavy smoker. It is also true that employers prefer non smokers and these will be given preference every thing else being equal. Smoking might be the reason why you are always getting looked over for that promotion. This also works the same way even if you work for yourself. Clients subconsciously frown on smokers and will choose a non smoker over a smoker if given the alternative to hire your services. Consider what smoking might really be costing you and your bottom line.

Smoking Isn’t Worth The Trouble

Smoking requires a lot of effort now. You can’t smoke hardly anywhere. They are expensive and hard to get, you get dirty looks whenever you light up. It just isn’t worth the hassle. The days when you could light up a cigarette at the bar while having drinks or after a good dinner are long gone. It just isn’t worth it anymore.

2. david591

david591
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm great content and points you mentioned in this post but mate you know it is really difficult to quit smoke and it is also true that we know that it is harmful for our health, yeah but at-least we can try to quit smoke.

3. shoppharmarxx

shoppharmarxx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will Power and some medication can help you to quit smoking

4. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Smoking causes early death' Tobbaco companies kill their best customers. They are all true. Although we know the realities' we buy pain and diseases in exchange of money. Well you need will power strong to leave smoking. Just think i dont want to do this and i am more powerful than this and i can do it. Enough for leaving any bad habbit.

5. shoppharmarxx

shoppharmarxx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Completely agree with you..

6. lptrendin

lptrendin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really good post. This smoking actually kills the person who actually does that and also close relatives, who are affectionate towards him. They actually suffer a lot, if any kind of disease comes due to smoking. So this will make them suffer too.

7. louisecole303

louisecole303
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice post. Its true that it is hard to quit smoking because I was smoking before. It really takes a lot time to stop. But if you are really determined to quit it will be easier for you. Just try and try until you succeed.

8. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The hardest part in quitting smoking would be not smoking when you are having a drink. One of the hardest things I have to do in quitting smoking.

9. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I quit smoking about 9 months ago by using an e-cig, I really wasn't intending on quitting but found a flavor I liked and asked myself why was I still smoking cigs when vaping tasted better. The first few days I barely craved a cigarette and after a week or so the cravings were gone, my lungs and breathing are like before I started smoking which was for 27 years...it is almost surreal at times to think I'm actually cig-free. I'd definitely recommend any smokers give a vape-pen a try.

10. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was a chain smoker some 3 years back, and i tried many excuses to quit smoking but i was failing everytime.I also felt guilt as before i started smoking i use to think that i have a very strong will power.But the habit of smoking proved me wrong and i realized how tough it is to stop smoking.At a point of time i started thinking that i will never be able to quit it and probably verses like smoking stops with breathing looked true to me.That period was hilarious, non smokers cannot imagine the situation.But the fact is that somehow now i dont smoke any more, though i will agree that i am not completely out of it but i have controlled it upto 99 percent.yes that is true i can avoid the urge of smoking for 99 time out of 100 now a days.And you won't believe what i did for that. For quitting smoking i left my job, yes its true currently still i am jobless and i do my private business which isn't running good still, but something inside me guided me that i must left the job and return back to my parents if i really want to stop smoking.The reason is that i never smoked in front of my parents right from childhood, i started smoking when i use to study in college and work away from them, but my parent never saw me smoking, so when i started living with them round the clock i didn't smoke.And i continued this for 3 years, and now i almost don't smoke.

#10 manishsqrt, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  11. peterfarrell22

peterfarrell22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Determination and motivation are the key factors that that can lead you to achieve your goals you have set in your life. To quit Smoking, drinking alcohol, eating healthy food, exercising daily are some of the toughest changes in your lifestyle. Smoking not only affects your health, but your loved ones and environment too. Hence, if you have decided to quit smoking, you have taken the best decision of your life.

12. Ana

Ana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Someone told me that you replacing cigarette with candies will help you stop smoking..And I think in my opinion, you can stop smoking just by reading stories about people who died because of cigarette..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lesa Thomas

Lesa Thomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good reasons you have given for quitting smoking. It is really very difficult to the person who having the habit of smoking or alcohol. Your post is helpful for them.
    Thanks for sharing the very informative reasons.

14. pyraxic

pyraxic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's very difficult to quite smoke. Lost my father because of cancer and he was a chain smoker. Thanks for sharing this information for all other individuals who are trying to quite smoking.

15. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me the main two reasons for anyone to quit smoking are the following.

1. It is a waste of health
    2. It is a waste of money

• Like Like x 1
  16. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah exactly who can afford to smoke these days? You would pretty much need to work like a dog just to keep up your smoking. So not only would you be hurting your health directly from the smoking, you'd also be stressing yourself out just to pay for it !

17. gbsnprz

gbsnprz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was surprised that this would be so extensive and moving. Thanks for the article!

18. RickOldy

RickOldy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I smoke for about 5 years from 16 years, and recently I decided to quit as I can not run so much as I`d like to according to my training program. I also wrote the post about the smoking addiction. Can not find the post( Self-motivation and the purposes that are more useful and important can supersede the desire to smoke and all..=|

19. annarosy

annarosy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Completely agree with you..I hate cigarettes and those who use them

20. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm still smoke-free and nearing a year and a half since I quit. I met-up with a friend for lunch yesterday and he offered me a cigarette, no urge to smoke whatsoever and the smell of them now is disgusting. I really hope smoking becomes a thing of the past with the younger generations, it is quite different now than when I was growing-up and everyone seemed to smoke.