Real Estate

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Matt, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many people here have tried investing in real estate? I think in the US, a few years ago was a good time to invest in this. The market has been going up gradually. I myself haven't due to the fact that I don't have enough to buy it. In my opinion, it is a really risky investment so I probably will never do this.

2. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is same in india and had gone down prices since no one is buying the space.Its a very risky business which need to oversell and that it will be in good amount of time.

3. DaizieEva

DaizieEva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you inthese risks of real estate you need to understand the ups and downs of the market well to be in profit..

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have and unfortunately the financial crisis in Ireland has been coupled with a collapse in property values and I currently have lots of negative equity. Hopefully property prices will start rising again within the next year or so.

5. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do think that the prices of real estate should start going up within the next few years. I hope you the best Fergal :)

6. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also trying to invest money in real estate business but haven't any great opportunity for this, anyone can provide me here.

7. rshughes

rshughes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have invested in real estate - one property is a residential apartment building, and the other is an industrial building. The residential building is fully occupied and doing OK, while the industrial property languishes because (a) there are not many prospective business tenants due to the economy, and (b) there are many competing properties that a prospective tenant can move into. As a result, rent levels are relatively low - at least in my area. However, I have heard that in certain outlying areas far from the city, rents are high and properties are scarcely available for sale. I hope I don't sound pedantic, but to be a successful investor, one should know market timing (buy low/ sell high) but also understand that there are many types of real estate, uses, locations, and potential customers. Where to get this info? My advice is to talk to as many RE brokers as you can... many of them are idle now and don't have much to do ! :)

8. PioneerTraining

PioneerTraining
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is nice idea to invest money in Real Estate business but it is risky, It may bring financial crisis so you must have good idea about ups and down of the market.

9. jiefoun

jiefoun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm so interested to invest in real estate like in US, buying property is good idea. Investing real estate can be the most stressful moment for everyone, because*its cost a lot buying own*property but the*price cannot compare the happiness. But*having own*property is fantastic and it's feel*comfortable than renting apartment. This is the point when real estate will play an important role in human's life. Buying property is the safest way to invest your money.

10. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you, It is very risky if you invest in Real Estate business at this time, But if you succeed on this, you will have a big profit.I think Real Estate is still the best business.

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any investment is risky. There are no non-risky investments. In real estate, there lies the money and big profit. But if you are not into investing in properties, then you won't really succeed on it. Before investing in the real estate industry, it actually requires a lot of patients, knowledge, decision-making and market analyzing, and a lot more. What more is you need a realtor to partner with and plan for your investments.

12. henrynate

henrynate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, now is the time to get in on real estate, and I'm not saying that because I live here in California. The numbers prove it: According to Movoto.com, home prices are up 2.1% in February alone. Plus, home loan interest rates are still at their lowest levels since the 1990s. If you're considering getting involved in real estate, there couldn't be a better time. Do your homework or ask some friends. I bet at least one of them has property somewhere.

13. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays,it is rather difficult for us to invest in real estate in my place since Chinese govement tries every mean to control the price.
    Also,the price has already been extremely speculated here.

14. farmtotable

farmtotable
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me “investing in real estate” leaves the door open. You have the buy to rent or lease, buy farm land near the city and lease it as hay land till the property value goes up, buy – fix – sell, and the buy dirt cheap and let it sit there till you can sell it or use it.

My 2 older brothers make a good living as landlords in Georgia near a medical collage. Last time we talked about it they had 100+ residential units and a strip mall. They own lawn equipment and have a small staff that mows and dose a lot of the maintenance.

I'm in Virginia and I have bought land that’s dirt cheap a few times.
    In 2003 I bought 21 acres on a main road that was run down farm land that the county was planning on running water and sewer in the road past it. Two months after we bought it the county started construction so we started pushing the property to apartment complex companies and housing developers. We sold the property the same year and came close to doubling our money.
    In 2007 I bought the property that I built the store on that I own. A bank took it as collateral and wanted to get rid of it cheap. After looking at the property and doing a bit of research on it we put in a low ball bid on it. After a few counter offers we bought the property.
    I have a few plots around 10 acres each that I’m just sitting on. Leasing for pays the property tax, but not much more. One is a mostly wooded lot that my youngest wants to put a double wide on it till she can build, but wants the land for free so she can buy the double wide with for cash.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done on such a successful investment farmtotable. Your story reminds me of the boom years we had in the property sector here in Ireland. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately (depending on whose opinion you listen to) they are gone now and we have a property crash.

16. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There were a lot of predictions in the US property housing market right before the year 2011 ends. Some so called "experts" say that 2012 would still be a struggling market for for real estate - but there will be a modest change in some housing markets of different state, and some only a halt on the downfall of their markets.

They also added that more foreclosures are expected to come probably in the third or fourth quarter of the year, until the market stabilizes and enters 2013 - which is what they are saying to be the year that could the the recuperation of the housing and property market.

17. henrynate

henrynate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Update: We were just approved for a loan on a new home! It's going to be our first. We're so excited! Young families have hope!

18. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats with the approval! Hope the best for you. :)

19. amit

amit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now a days real estate is in good investment. Very good returns.

20. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've invested in real estate (a couple of small apartment buildings and a rental house). I have owned them for a long time and they have appreciated, but the recent market has certain knocked out a lot of the gain. Fortunately, I have no need to sell them in this poor economy and will just hang on to them for a while longer.