Real Estate Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by yen, Nov 21, 2007.

1. yen

yen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you guys think it's a good time to go into Real Estate Business? With the FED likely to cut interest rate further, I think getting low interest rate loan is now possible and to use it to purchase some potential high value home and resell it later. Anyone doing this at the moment?

2. paul

paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Real estate business is going great. But for investment purposes you have to see the other factors too like future growth of the area, other commercial investments like upcoming malls or like that. If you know the area well, then that will be further plus on your side. Just use your observation and invest it. I will definately be fortune for you later in your life. Best of luck. Bye.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As has often been said, they are not making any more land. This suggests that property can be a good investment because the supply of it is not being increased. As they also say, the three most important things when choosing a property is "location, location, location". You need to know the area where you are considering purchasing a property. If the geographic area begins to experience social problems and becomes known as a "no go" area the value of your investment can fall dramatically.

in addition to capital appreciation, i.e. increases in the value of the property, you should also factor in the income you will get from the property on an ongoing basis. In other words try to buy a property that will provide you with a good rental yield.

4. MrsWrite

MrsWrite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In certain areas the real estate market isn't doing well. It's a great time to invest and hold until the market turns around.

5. surfville

surfville
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You got to take opportunity to those 3rd world countries to make money in real estate and buy from direct owners only. In that way you can deal a far more lower price than with a broker.

6. kewlchat

kewlchat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i dont know it might be in some parts but in usa at least where i live nuhting is selling good land wise but im sure in city areas and other places it is still a valuable market. :)

7. I AM NICK

I AM NICK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My mom is a real estate agent, and she is worried about the prices going hay wire.
    She said something about taxes being raised, and that all these houses are going into foreclosure.

I don't think now, is a very good time for real estate investment.

8. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon which area you are investing. I am in india and here in some metropolitan cities the rates are increasing at a great rate! They have doubled in mere 2 years! SO thats i think a great rate of increase. Also there is a trade-off on price and quality locality. If you have huge money then only you can afford prime locations otherwise you have to buy at remote places which have less rate of increase of value.

9. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Real estate have always been prolific business, but bear in mind its highly location dependent. Good luck with your future endeavour.

10. descorpio

descorpio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the real estate business depends on the locality you are from. Because in one country the interest rates may have been slashed and may be in the boom. But in most of the countries it is not like that. But to me, i think this is one of the best investment where you can maximise your returns. I have also planned to invest in that when i get some bucks.

11. Nikita Porwal

Nikita Porwal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I truly think real estate business is cash flowing business… these says wealth liaise in land and building.. I guess it can make mounting money in real estate only if you have good knowledge about it… some online articles may help.,.

12. I AM NICK

I AM NICK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, Lets just think of it this way. Real estate You have to have to spend money to make money.

13. sridatta

sridatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Real Estate business is really going good these years. Prices are reaching heights...
    One thing is for sure... Real estate business is not for faint hearted
    Although i m little sarcastic, it is the fact.. I have seen many of my father's friends who excelled in the business and some totally ruined..

14. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes i just heard that real estate business is going great these years, in this business you may expect lots of $$$ if you handle this real estate business well. if you have a client that want to buy a property with you, you should respect them and assist them of what they need. so that you can earn lots of $$$ for them in exchange :D

15. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One should diversify his investments and I think if you are correct in choosing the land/flat or any real estate property then you can make some quick bucks. And I think there is a lot of investment so many cant afford.

16. gnine11

gnine11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Real state always pays

May be the realstate business scene in down in many economies around the world, but its only the matter of time when this business will resume its heydays. With ever increasing population the demand of land will only rise. In Economies like India and other developing countries realstate sector is booming and its always a safe bet on realstate.

17. george29

george29
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yep.. I completely do agree with you. Even, as being real estate buyers agent, I personally believe that recent down economy trend is also a good time for investment.

18. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The property sector is at its lowest. I've been in this business for almost a decade and won are beautiful in the ears of recent years. But the current recession has affected the real estate industry the most. My work is too ill to face the effects of the market crisis. My client is down and I need more leads to keep in business. Where can I get help?

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Felix07Richerd. I understand your situation from personal experience, unfortunately I have lots of negative equity at the moment myself. If you have any questions or topics you would like to discuss please start a new thread in our General Business Advice, Questions & Discussion section and we will be delighted to offer you suggestions and feedback.

20. Blake123

Blake123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This sort of business with proper planning may be really profitable
    especially if we talk about megalopolis areas