Reading Auto-Biography of successful person.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by kris1911, Aug 15, 2009.

1. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To become successful in life we should first know how people were successful. What was there key for success ? So, reading auto-biography of such people will be really helpful.
    We actually may be knowing many things but not following. So, the biography will remind us those things and we will be motivated to follow those rules. Successful people are also normal like us so there is nothing that we cannot do and they can do. Only we should know the way of doing.

2. Mikey

Mikey
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Designer

Remember, that alot of autobiographys also lie about how successful this person was during parts of their life, remember that they want to SEEM successful, but it doens't mean that they always were.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reading any Auto Biography of successful persons shows that we have to dedicated to our work. And we should never give and we should have the feeling and confidence that " I CAN DO IT".

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I also very much enjoy reading autobiographies. They can be very inspiring and motivating. Learning about very successful people can give you good ideas for running your own business. Although on a slightly contradictory note, most very successful people that I know do things their own way and are not very influenced by others.

Of all the biographies that I've read I found Lance Armstrong's autobiographies to be the most inspiring. His accounts of how he completely changed his approach to cycling in his early years and how hard he worked in order to achieve success are very motivating. I know that Lance Armstrong is not without his controversies but his books are inspirational and a great read.

Very true, that's always a concern, at the end of the day the books are written to sell and a lot of unattractive aspects may not be included. When reading autobiographies of successful business people I've sometimes been disappointed that they didn't include much detail as to how the person started out in the beginning.

5. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe reading Biography are to motivate yourself. But, you should always have your own ideas and thoughts to implement them. Try having your own way to be success by motivating yourself with others.

I didn't understand this line. Yes, I believe one should know the way of doing but not copy them but motivate yourself.

6. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've found that people in the sporting arena are more open in talking about their early days that people in business life. I guess because sports people have their whole lives exposed more often than people in business so they feel they have nothing to lose about talking about their younger days and what drove them to become the people they are.

For my sins I am a fan of Leeds football club and one of the best pages I have ever read in an autobiography was by a hero of my David Batty when talking about how he had to run from the field of play during after making a mess due to a bad stomach. If someone is willing to be that honest in print, you know you can believe what is said elsewhere in the book.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've read similar "mess" stories about cyclists Sean. It's good when our heroes remind us that they are human too and that like us they also have moments of weakness.

8. Happy

Happy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Autobiographies are really nice thing to read.But while reading I always keep in my mind that I will write these kind of books myself.If someone does the same then his purpose of reading will be served.Autobiographies are not meant to read they are meant to learn something and they always have a message in them.

9. trekker

trekker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sure some biographies can inspire, and some can really be eye opener. Some people's lives are like movies or novels because it's full of action and big moves, changes, decisions, innovations. That is where growth is. Being bold and intelligent. While some biographies can not be so exact, as an audience your eyes will be trained if you're somewhat on the same path or conviction. Watching biographies are not enough to inspire, you must experience it.