Ranking Difference in Mobile and Desktop Computer ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hamishcode, Apr 10, 2014.

1. hamishcode

hamishcode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

recently i had checking my website ranking unfortunately in my mobile and am shock to see that ranking is showing difference in Mobile and Desktop Computer. Can Anyone tell what the issue i was facing and how could going to improve my ranking in Mobile....

2. Tom_WebhostingUK

Tom_WebhostingUK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me , you do not have to do separate SEO for mobile based website. SEO for desktop and mobile based site is unique. Your website theme matters and it should be responsive theme in order to be mobile compatible. If your website theme is not responsive then I would face issues on mobile search, smart phones, tablets etc.

3. hamishcode

hamishcode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your help but as per Seo point of view this is not the actual problem do i need to done any setting in Google Webmaster Tool...

4. stevex

stevex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local results are more likely in mobile results. The ranking difference is because mobiles use different ranking algorithm.

5. ClouDNS

ClouDNS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  6. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is because of Google's new update named "Mobilegeddon" which is about responsive website (mobile friendly). More Google said is its update, "Responsive website is ranking signal".

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Google's "mobile-ready" algorithm update applies only to rankings viewed on a mobile device. It does not affect rankings on a desktop, which makes sense, because a website viewed on a desktop doesn't need to be mobile-ready to be displayed properly. If the same keyword is searched on mobile device, chances are the searcher will click on the listing in the SERPs, and view it on the same device. So, all else remaining equal, if a website is mobile-ready, it can be ranked higher in the SERPs viewed on a mobile device.

8. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to convert your website in responsive website design, which can open and browse in both mobile and desktop system very clearly and smoothly. Because your website is not responsive and not smoothly operable at mobile devices, so there is difference in desktop ranking and mobile ranking.

9. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    There are little differences between Google’s Mobile Device and Google’s Desktop Search Algorithm. There are only few differences like Auto-Complete Search Results, Local Search Results on Mobile Devices, CTR / Bounce Rate Penalty in Mobile Rankings, and Mobilized Content Indicators in Mobile Search Results.

10. Kenneth C. Brown

Kenneth C. Brown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The recent Google update has impacted those sites which have mobile friendly pages. It would be better for you to get further details about the mobile update and ranking process.

11. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of difference when it comes to desktop and mobile results. One of them are android users and usually logged into their account so there is a possibility that it will change to personalized results page.

12. vanessa110

vanessa110
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my point of view , your website should also be friendly with mobile because it is the trend which is given high consideration by Google. You can check how it does with mobile by the tool.
    You try to fix it to keep your website rank.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Making your website mobile-friendly can increase your rankings when Google is viewed on a mobile device, as long as you do everything else you're supposed to do, but will not help your rankings when Google is viewed on a desktop computer. Making the website mobile-friendly allows the searcher to go directly from the Google listing on a mobile device to the website itself.

14. OhioTom76

OhioTom76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aside from any algorithm changes on Google's end to favor sites that are mobile ready, you can still benefit indirectly by making sure your site displays well on mobile devices. Think of it this way, we know in general that Google likes to see visitors stick around on a site for a while instead of clicking on one of the links in their search results then immediately hitting the back button. If someone is visiting your site on a mobile device and it is rendering poorly and/or difficult to navigate, then they will likely back out of it immediately and look elsewhere. However if your site is user friendly to people on mobile devices, they will be more likely to stick around longer and explore it and read it, which looks good to Google.

15. alicejones

alicejones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website is responsive then it really work well in search results. Think about first that your website it responsive or not. If it is responsive then you get actual ranking in the search results or otherwise not. You get different result if your website is not responsive.

16. janefirst

janefirst
    uix_expand uix_collapse