Quitting Your Job

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Sonia Whitehorn, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Sonia Whitehorn

Sonia Whitehorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People decide to quit their jobs for a number of reasons. These reasons include:-

•Lack of career and personal development opportunities;
    •Want to make more money; or
    •Simply because they are unhappy.

Have you quit your job? What made you finally leave your employer? Have you gone on to bigger and better things?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, four times. The same reason every single time: The employer was a moron.

Doing my own business. Have just started it, so we will see how it goes...

3. sbb9

sbb9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's boredom that's the biggest motivation. Once it sets in it's just a matter of time before thoughts and turn to other opportunites or ideas. The inevitable eventually happens and you move on to better things.

4. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think a lot of people just want to feel empowered to be independent. Especially on things like making their own hours and not having to have a boss tell them what to do. For some people that is a huge sense of freedom.

5. Michael Lv

Michael Lv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to quit my job because that I do not want to work any more, so tired!

6. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It also depend on your co-worker. I really hate fake people LOL... even though you really love your job but you don't want people like this to work with, all you can say is "I WANT TO QUIT!!"

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the first 5 years I have change more than 10 Jobs and 7 different industry. When wake up from bed and no energetic go to work, it tell me that
    the job is not what I looking for. Have interest or hobby to the job is most important.

After change so many job, I am happy with my existing job; less blame my work, work long hour without feel boring and tiring.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reason i quit my job is because i'm tiring to earn money for others, then i decide to work for myself....lol

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. I just want to transfer somewhere else where there is more growth that I can see for myself as a learner as well. It's not about the boss, not about the tasks, not about the environment - it's just that I don't see myself to fit on it and becomes unhappy.

10. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, that is what i found out in my last employment. Damn how much money I made for the company. I want it for myself now.

11. RaySaj

RaySaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

once you go into a routine you do feel a sense of negativity as you do not feel accomplished in anything you do...

but at times opportunities come your way which are too hard to turn down, personally to run your own business is definitely very appealing...too much to be honest at times...

12. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have left work (contracts) at different times for various reasons including wanting to go and study as well as taking time out.

I feel that many people are stuck to the jobs that they are doing due to having to pay the mortgage, look after the family and so forth, despite being very unhappy there.

13. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I changed my jobs two or three times. Once due to further studies and the next time, when I started my own business.

14. RenieCraige

RenieCraige
    uix_expand uix_collapse

lol...:D I do agree with you

15. qasexperian

qasexperian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The job I most recently left wasn't because of bad pay or a lack of career advancement. It was because my employer and clients expected me to work late every night and most weekends. There has to be a balance or you just wear yourself out eventually.

16. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you qasexperian, unless you are working so intensely for a short or specific period to achieve a greater goal or outcome, I would strongly advise making this a long-term thing as it can impact your health, state of mind, family and relationship very negatively.

I met one person who was an extreme workaholic in a library (not the most stressful of jobs) but he spent the vast majority of his day working there and little sleep (he was a student from South Asia funding himself in London) and had a heart attack when he was 25. An extreme example, but always put your wider life first.

17. Juany

Juany
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it happened to me too. But there is a risk when you do this, because it's not sure if you will find a new good job. Also it's a kind of stress, bad for health, no matter if we're talking about moles, brain or liver problems.
    Well, in my case most of the times it was a good luck, because I found better and better jobs. But I think it was just because of the good luck.

18. memoonamike

memoonamike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am thinking of quitting my job because I have run short of money these days and my boss is not agree to increase my salary so I want a new job with good salary package.

19. Dean

Dean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The day I quit my job was one of the most exhilarating of my life. I had been promised so many things and the boss, who was once one of my closest friends, failed me at every opportunity. The boss developed a power hungry streak and anyone who disagreed was sent into exile.

Luckily I know my job very well and knew I'd find more work, or create it. I wouldn't suggest anyone to quit their job without a back up plan.

20. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never had a problem with my employer (when I had one), I simply decided that being told what to do is not my cup of tea. I like freedom, which having your own business without a doubt brings. Plus, I am independent, I see work that needs to be done without being ordered to do it. However, I was lucky enough to always be involved with a company filled with good people, including bosses :)