Quitting is Not in My Vocabulary

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Christi Brown, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Christi Brown

Christi Brown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The daily tasks to run a successful home based business involves having discipline, staying motivating, and taking daily actions towards the goals you have set forth for yourself. There will be bumps in the road, but those are only tools to maximize your potential and to really bring out the best in you. Along the way, there will be days when you completely feel like you want to give up because business may be slow or you may not be signing up or sponsoring individuals into your business like you would like to. You may become frustrated when you see others in your company recruit 100 people when you have recruiting 10. Use the successes of others as motivation to keep going because in due time, your hard work will pay off. See what those who are recruiting or sponsoring so many people are doing and tap into their knowledge base. No matter what you do, you should keep a simple phrase in your mind and in your heart. When you feel like giving up because you are just not seeing the results you want or you believe that you have accomplished, say the following statement out loud so that you can hear your own voice speaking: “Quitting is NOT in my vocabulary.”

I can speak from personal experience with the feeling of wanting to give up when I felt that my business was not reflecting the hard work and long hours I was putting in. I remained focused and continued to follow what my fellow teammates were doing and here I am today with the largest organization I have ever had in the network marketing industry since I started several years back. I continue to look at what those who are sponsoring several people into their organizations and adapting some of what they are doing into my own efforts. Before, I would never dream of reading a book about network marketing tools and career development. Now I see that many of the successful individuals in my company are readers of many books and I have thus taken that step to read more and it is definitely paying off. Speaking the words “quitting is not in my vocabulary” really helped me to stay on track because it just did something to my subconscious mind that stayed with me whenever I felt the urge to quit. This is not an option for me and no matter what obstacles or challenges I may face, I will continue to press forward because I know that one day, my season of abundance and financial freedom will come. It may not be tomorrow or even in one or two years, but I know that it will come. Have a wonderful day and keep pressing!

2. Joshua11

Joshua11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amen. I have found that most times in life when the road gets bumpy, directly after that is the breakthrough. Your actions during the tough time will determine your outcome. So when the road gets tough, keep grinding, stay focused, and push harder. You will be alot happier with the results. Great subject.

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I stumbled and failed three times in a row now. Every time I face a difficulty I always wanted to quit and rationalize that maybe this is not for me. My recent failure is the hardest one I have to deal with and up until today I am still struggling to bounce back. I am just gaining my momentum and when time tells that I am ready I will proceed with another plan as if nothing bad happened in the past. We should all be resilient to survive.

4. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's encouraging to read of the determination of all of you. It's quite timely for me as I am at the cross roads so to speak having suffered some major setbacks recently. We all want our hard work to pay off and when it doesn't the desire to give up can be very real. What I have found in recent times is that sometimes we need to change directions. There comes a time when you have to let go of what could be a sinking ship and hold on that small life boat that takes you in another direction and safety. It's not failure. It's knowing how to make wise decisions, using disappointments as stepping stones and never quitting. I think I am speaking to self right now.

#4 Winterybella, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have a saying here - a quitter never wins and a winner never quits. The first loss, so to speak, is when you quit the game. And in a careeer, that also applies although in a different perspective. During my younger years, I have seen how people fight for survival because we live in an area near the racetrack and people there depend on gambling for their livelihood. But the tenacity of the people afforded them a good llife somehow simply because they persevered.

6. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the passion and the intensity of your focus. I think you'll go far. I would always counter, however, that everything has to be couched in the right context. Sometimes desire has to be framed correctly in a way that is 'realistic' (I know, I know, being "realistic" can be limiting). What you don't want to happen is for you to invest all your time, money, energy and passion into an endeavor that for some reason (possibly completely out of your control) means you don't achieve what you set out to achieve. And sometimes 'quitting' could be the best thing for your health, wealth and relationships for you to then refocus on what's important. In other words, enjoy the journey, regardless of the outcome and enjoy the outcome, regardless of whether that was where you hoped to be. If you manage that, you are winner regardless of what happens.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While I agree that quitting is the last thing you should do, it's also important to not waste your time on something that you know won't work. I think a lot of people look at quitting as a failure when sometimes that's not the case at all.

Sometimes knowing when to walk away and try something new, is as important as sticking to something till the very end.