Questions to ask before starting with any work

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Vikram Anand, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Vikram Anand

Vikram Anand
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions:
    1. Why am I doing it?
    2. What the results might be? and
    3. Will I be successful?

Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Is this really necessary? Every time you work on something, you have to ask why you're doing it, what the result will be, and worry about whether your work will be completed successfully? Most people don't really need to "think deeply" about what they are doing before they leave for work. Once they get to work, it would be a waste of time to "think deeply" about everything they do before they do it. And, what about chores they do at home? Is it really necessary to think about why you are doing the dishes, and wonder about whether they will be clean when you're done? Do you really want to think about it , before mowing your lawn? After all, the grass will only grow back anyway.
    What really is the purpose of the questions you suggested we ask?

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every people have their own style to run the task. As long as the way you work out or the question you ask yourself did help you on the task, then go ahead.
    Frankly speaking, some people like to ask tons of question before they start the work and some people never ask any question, both of them have their own advantage and disadvantage.

#3 sigma, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  4. stevex

stevex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Self reviews are very important .By putting these questions to you can examine yourself very well.

5. Vikram Anand

Vikram Anand
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here I wish to clarify that I am not suggesting to ask these questions before doing day to day work.

But when you are planning to execute your business ideas, which would consume your time, money and energy, at that time asking yourself these questions will help to really organize and focus yourself.

6. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very true to ask the questions but some more information also works out. As per me if the planning is done up in a well planned manner, then definitely there is gonna be a boost up in the growth of the business.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Thank you for the clarification. As written, it wasn't clear what you meant by "any work". In fact, because your original post said "any work", and you now "clarify" that by saying "execute your business ideas", what kind of business ideas are you talking about? Can you provide some examples, so we know exactly what you mean? Why not specify the types of "work" you need to ask these questions for, instead of hiding behind existential "mumbo jumbo"?

8. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Along with asking these questions, it is also necessary to examine ourselves after the completion of the work. Self examination will help us find our mistakes or the faults that we made in first attempt and could find an opportunity to solve it in the next attempt. So, reviewing our work after the completion is necessary.

9. vivaclean

vivaclean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the most important question when you start some long-term work is to ask yourself if you would enjoy it.