Questions on starting a food cart business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Csc1990, May 24, 2013.

1. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of my interests and passions is nutrition. I believe firmly that almost every disease or condition can be cured or prevented through nutrition.

Something I have wanted to do for a long time is open up a mobile smoothie/juice bar and vend, obviously, healthy smoothies and juices. Although it will be "mobile," I only plan on operating in one spot. The word mobile just puts emphasis on the fact that its a minimalist setup.

My questions are as follows:

What licenses are required to sell "beverages?" They don't have to be cooked, just mixed. How exactly do you get a permit to sell consumable items out of a cart/kiosk/vehicle?

Where could one set up said cart? It will be outdoors (not a mall kiosk) but how do you go about leasing just enough space to fit a small cart and myself?

Could it be as simple as getting a soliciting permit and permission to set up in a parking lot?

I've done marketing and web design for a whole so this kind of business is a completely new concept for me. Any help is appreciated!

2. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before any of us could help you out you need to let us know where exactly do you want to set out your little stall.
    Where do you come from?
    Budget?
    etc etc
    Without such knowledge our help would be useless!

Regards,
    Andy

3. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to approach your passion is to esquire in the local self help group or district council office if you have any of those nearby. To speak out facts, some countries dont even require any certification about beverages or any food at all as they simply dont care about people earning a meagre amount, while there are some other countries that are very strict about nutrition and public safety.

As always, ensure you contact your nearest citizen help centre for more information.