Questions for Web Developers

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by BridgeLL, Sep 28, 2012.

1. BridgeLL

BridgeLL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone, (I don't know why my posts always start out that way... like a weird letter lol)

Anyway, I just read another article which discusses some of the setbacks that can affect a web development team. The article stresses the importance of creating a project timeline and delegating tasks to individual team members.

While I think that this is an important aspect of web developers jobs, I also think that it is important to consider each person's abilities and their contributions to the team. While some team members may work quite quickly and produce quality work, others are simply not as fast. It is in this case that I think the web developer faces his/her biggest challenge: assigning priorities appropriately. I guess there are actually several aspects of web development that can bog down a team, in which case, what are some of the other common ones not outlined in this article? (Development team is stretched too thin, or is hurried.)

Does anyone here work as a web developer? What are some common team dilemmas you face? How do you solve them? I feel like it could be exceptionally challenging to have to direct an entire web development team to get back on track after the project has been derailed.

As always, your responses mean a lot to me and are particularly helpful in the learning process :)

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont work as a web developer, but I do like to do it as a side hobby if I would say so my self. The most common issue is not being able to do what you want in time. But the biggest thing is following through with the idea.

3. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello BridgeLL,
    I have to say as a web developer the hardest part of working as a team is keeping track of everyone.
    Since some parts of the code rely on each other it's important that each member records what they do.
    If they don't then they could end up overwriting a file that was done before.
    This is normally the reason I don't work as a team anymore.
    It's a to hard to track what everyone does and what there doing so that you don't accidentally overwrite a file they have worked on/working on.

I hope this helps you.