Questions before creating my videogame website?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Steven, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Steven

Steven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where do other sites get their screenshots? is there a law on copying screenshots from other sites? because i see lots of websites with the exact same screenshots all the time. what about simply typing in the name of the game on google images and copying my screenshots from there? would that be legal? if not, how would i get my screenshots for my site?

2. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Famous game sites such as IGN get their own screen shots, but lower class video game websites copy them off of others. There might be copyright issues, but then again that image is from a copyrighted game, so I'm not extremely sure. I would recommend taking your own shots, for professionalism.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To keep on the right side of the law, I'd recommend asking the website owner for permission to use a screenshot of their website, before you publicise it. Many of them may be happy to give you that permission if it gives their site some exposure.

4. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use the screenshots provided you will give credit to the owner.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If i am the site owner or game owner, when others screenshots my product and recommend it to public, I am happy to see it. Because they do free promotion for product or site, it improve awareness. But if someone promote the product for torent, or download purpose; which is not benefit to the owner. I am sure the owner will take action against them.