Questions about marketing (I'm a real newbie)

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Paulo06, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Paulo06

Paulo06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys! I'm from the Phils. and I'am a nurse so it's clear that I don't know anything about marketing except for a general idea. Now, I can't work as a nurse here in the Phils. because the salary is a bit low so I've tried online work as an employee. A client hired me to market This and this and he's paying me hourly. Now the thing is, this client of mine seemed so busy that he only gave me one instruction, 'market this'. Now I was like, oh my God how.. He told me that he can track me if someone is clicking that ad, so to run it down, my mission is straight forward - make people click it and gather leads!

So this is what I've done:

1. Facebook messages - I've sent messages through facebook; on my friends, and acquiantances. Then I use Facebook SE to search for small business pages, and I spam a generic message with the link. Now this one failed, I've only get 33 clicks and the facebook and mine's messages got banned because of that, and FB deleted all the messages I've sent. huhu.

2. Yahoo Answers - I've answered a couple of questions related to small business, and used that link to be my source or sometimes if applicable, I suggest it to my answers. This one failed as well, all of my messages, yea I mean ALL was reported back and when I've made an appeal, no messages did passed.

3. Forum posting - I've searched for forums (such as this one) that will allow to post ads, and was planning to ask some advice as well (this is it) on what to do with this. With regards to those ads that I've post (cosidering it's in legal way); the views were promising, but my boss told me that only 21 people clicked it and no leads.

So now, I'm out of ideas, I was like - WHAT SHALL I DO TO MAKE THIS THING RIGHT!! T_T I want to make my client happy, and was working hard for it, but it seems like I'm doing it all wrong. I don't want to be paid without my client being satisfied with my work.

By the way, I'm planning to start my own business, and was planning to do the same in terms of marketing it, and I'd say - I'm so dead thinking that the above three will work. So please I hope you guys could help me. An advice will do, or just give me an idea of what will work best. To summarize my situation. I'm a worker who works for someone who has a business online that he wants his business to have traffic and leads, and he hired me for that job and I guess I'm not making the job right. Thanks in advance!

2. DisQ

DisQ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both look like a scam. I would not want to click either.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

DisQ has a point. I took a look at both of these websites, and they are both so-called "money-making" programs that don't actually make money for anyone but the person who came up with them. This is a waste of time, and the quicker you can quit, the better. There are plenty of legitimate businesses out there who need help with marketing. Continuing to promote these types of programs will do too much harm to your reputation.

4. sportychints

sportychints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way for you to get more traffic and business for your profession, kindly use Facebook marketing... create a page and try to maximum promote it...you surly will get some positive reply...