Question: Startup - Equity Distribution

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by NelsonSaunderson, Aug 23, 2013.

  1. NelsonSaunderson

    NelsonSaunderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello there,

    I am planning to startup in a few months and I need some advice.

    The startup cost should not exceed $10,000 and I will share equity with a partner. How many shares should we authorize? How much should each share be worth? Should we distribute all the shares or leave some of them for future use? I was thinking about assigning 30% of total shares to each partner (60% total) and leave the remaining 40% in the business. What do you think about this strategy?

    I would appreciate any further insight.

    Nelson
     

Share This Page