Question Regarding Blog Commenting

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Umair, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Umair

Umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys! I hope you are doing well.
    I am working on the sub pages of my client's website and I am focusing on the long tail keywords. The clients want to rank on the top pages very soon and not in a mood to giving me a room for a long term planning :(. The most annoying part is that he is also not letting me to do link building in my own way. I usually use my name in blog commenting and my comments are value added to the post because I know how much spamming can hurt but he wants blog comments with the keywords and focusing on quantity rather than quality.
    In short I am bound to do blog commenting with keywords on different blogs. My first questions is are there any relevant blogs which still allow keywords instead of names and the second question is what approach should I adopt in order to meet my goals.

Thank You!

2. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of blogs that I know don't allow this anymore. It sounds to me that your "boss" is requiring you to perform some "Black Hat SEO" methods and techniques which will in the long run hurt his/her site. You might want to explain to them the difference between Black Hat and White Hat SEO techniques. Google has been enforcing their new algorithm which is not only extremely hurting sites with Black Hat techniques on it, but possibly very soon even banning them from the search engine rankings. My personal opinion, there's no point in doing a job that won't show an outcome. Explain the differences between those two SEO methods to your boss and see what he says. That would be my first advice on this particular issue.

I hope that helps some.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Umair

Umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with you and I know how much it can hurt the site. He is not actually my boss he is client and I am working on contract base with him. I tried to realize him that this is not good for the site but he said that I want in that way otherwise I will cancel the contract so now by hook or by crook I need to do according to his will

4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well then just do what he wants. Get paid, and move on to a client that will actually respect you for your knowledge on the area. I personally would drop the client unless I was in a bad spot and needed some extra income coming in. But you can just spam his links, problem is it won't work as well as it used to.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd do the same, I'd stick to my principles and spend my time and energy working for clients who respected the quality of my work.

6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed, if you set your foot down and show the way you do work and explain to your clients that that is the service they have purchased and are purchasing then in the end I feel like it will become a better result for you. Some people might not like the fact that you wont use certain methods in your services, but they'll move on. In the end, I feel like more people will respect you for knowing your decision in your business and implementing it and not crossing over lines for certain individuals. "What you see is what you get".

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with this. Basically, he want immediate results which in turn would definitely be impossible unless you do some black hat methods.
    There's also a possibility that you won't get paid for your hard work if he didn't get the results fast enough.

8. ukfinancials007

ukfinancials007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can i use keyword as an user name ? if yes then why do not i can not getting approval from these blogs

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes most blogs will allow that without any issue. For example I use the name "Fergal, Business Advice Forum" when commenting on quite a few blogs. Sorry but I don't think I understand the second part of your question.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe your post is quite spammy or irrelevant to the blog entry?
    I know I allow some similar comments on my blog, but those spammy or irrelevant comments are immediately deleted.

11. mywlai

mywlai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This aspect I have no good resources, most take nofollow tag, please help me?

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I said before, dofollow or nofollow, any kind link is important.